X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Channelview

Does anyone know if they're going to play a lick of defense this year? If they can play just a little bit of defense, I mean just a little bit, they might be able to do something this year.
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

They have a field general in Jalen Hurts but against teams like Katy, Manvel, and Westfield a shooutout won't go there way.

Comment

• dada
      2nd Team
      • Apr 2015

one of the best offenses in the GHA, loaded at the skill positions. Hurts is the real deal, Coaches son. Tough district to play in, they need some sort of defense. Beat North Shore on a hail mary last season, I think the game will be a little tougher this year. They could start the year 6-0, but district play will be tough.

Comment

• Farmer
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Is Channelview a newer school or have they been around a while?
        What has happened to Galveston Ball? They used to be a pretty solid program.

Comment

• dada
          2nd Team
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
          They've been around for years, your every year 1-9 type of team. Before going 7-3 this past season, their best season 9-2-1 in 1993. The last two QB's have been sons of the HC...think they just have a good class right now.

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
            one of the best offenses in the GHA, loaded at the skill positions. Hurts is the real deal, Coaches son. Tough district to play in, they need some sort of defense. Beat North Shore on a hail mary last season, I think the game will be a little tougher this year. They could start the year 6-0, but district play will be tough.
            Is it me or does NS seem to be on a decline? Not from a coaching standpoint because we know Corby left but from a player standpoint. Last year they had Tristan Houston and a good Olineman in Tyler Moore but I feel like their talent pool is diminishing. This year they have a 5 star safety In Eric Monroe but outside of him I havent really heard of anyone else in the 2016 and 2017 class. Usually Northshore is littered with D1 prospects across the board.

Comment

• dada
              2nd Team
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns

Is it me or does NS seem to be on a decline? Not from a coaching standpoint because we know Corby left but from a player standpoint. Last year they had Tristan Houston and a good Olineman in Tyler Moore but I feel like their talent pool is diminishing. This year they have a 5 star safety In Eric Monroe but outside of him I havent really heard of anyone else in the 2016 and 2017 class. Usually Northshore is littered with D1 prospects across the board.
              It was Aymond that left. I had a feeling it would be a "down" year for North Shore because, A. They lost their HC B. They were running a new system. Many "Experts" didnt think their would be a drop off because they hired from within. They had a MONSTER class come in 2010 I believe with Zach Whitley, Kevian Deleon and a few other studs and that team under achieved IMO...some of the fans thought so as well, one of the players parents jumped from the stands and attacked Coach Aymond after a playoff loss to Cy-Fair

Comment

• svhorns
                All State
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada
                It was Aymond that left. I had a feeling it would be a "down" year for North Shore because, A. They lost their HC B. They were running a new system. Many "Experts" didnt think their would be a drop off because they hired from within. They had a MONSTER class come in 2010 I believe with Zach Whitley, Kevian Deleon and a few other studs and that team under achieved IMO...some of the fans thought so as well, one of the players parents jumped from the stands and attacked Coach Aymond after a playoff loss to Cy-Fair
                Aw yeah Corby was Westfield. NS will be an interesting follow these next couple of years, I'm not sure they'll ever get back to the what was it 79 straight regular season wins? Will Dickinson be the new NS with the closure of LaMarque?

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Aw yeah Corby was Westfield. NS will be an interesting follow these next couple of years, I'm not sure they'll ever get back to the what was it 79 straight regular season wins? Will Dickinson be the new NS with the closure of LaMarque?
                  You and I are thinking the same. I'm thinking with the closure of La Marque that Dickinson is going to be a real force. My cousin who used to coach at Brook, Manvel, Clements and Brazoswood is really high on the coaching staff at Dickinson and he thinks they will be really good for years to come

Comment

• dada
                    2nd Team
                    • Apr 2015

Dickinson has all the pieces in place, that could be the next GHA D1 Power to replace North Shore

Comment

• svhorns
                      All State
                      • Apr 2015

Channelview QB Jalen Hurts committed to the University of Alabama today at the elite 11 camp in Santa Monica, CA. The kid is the real deal. I thought he was going to the hell hole in collie station though.

Comment

• Super B
                        All District
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer
                        23-5A with the Fort Bend schools, Texas City and Santa Fe.

Yep, I remember Ball was always a big time regional power in the '80's and little into the '90's.
                        Super B

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Channelview QB Jalen Hurts committed to the University of Alabama today at the elite 11 camp in Santa Monica, CA. The kid is the real deal. I thought he was going to the hell hole in collie station though.
                          I was just reading about that. It appears that Kiffin is turning Bama into a little more uptempo team. Good for him on picking the best program in the SEC.

Comment

• nsalumni
                            Practice Squad
                            • Jun 2015

North Shores talent is not in a decline, you can go ahead and think that though.
                            Last year we had much more than Tristan an Tyler, I will list a few, not sure which colleges everybody is going to but

QB Maciah Long
                            ATH Myron James
                            RB Tristan Houston
                            RB Dula Mitchner
                            RB Keenan Sneed
                            WR Autria Lynch
                            WR Darius Mouton
                            WR Bryant Badie
                            WR Izaha Barnes
                            WR Jacob Corrigeaux
                            WR Patrick Davis
                            DL Emeke Egbule
                            DL Dorance Armstrong
                            LB Christian Jacobs
                            SS Eric Monroe
                            SS Kieston Roach
                            OL Tyler Moore

And I am probably forgetting a few.
                            We didn't have that much of a down year we lost to Manvel, Westfield, Trinity, Channelview(on some bs) and Cy ranch(on a friggin fumble)
                            You guys can think we are gone and down and out, but after watching our spring game, I reaaaaaaaallly don't advise on that.

Heres hoping we can surprise some folks this year.

Comment

• nsalumni
                              Practice Squad
                              • Jun 2015

How have you not heard about Maciah Long? Kid is the real deal.

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by nsalumni

How have you not heard about Maciah Long? Kid is the real deal.
                                Becuase you havent been here to tell me about Maciah Long. Youve been pussifootin around.

Comment

• nsalumni
                                  Practice Squad
                                  • Jun 2015

Lol
                                  Played QB 50% of the time in 2013
                                  75% of the time last year
                                  last year at qb
                                  2400+ passing yards
                                  900+ rushing
                                  ON A TORN ACL
                                  Has a record for TDs at NS
                                  Passing at 65+%
                                  squats 600 pounds ON A TORN ACL
                                  Was called the strongest QB in the nation by Art Briles

Kid is an absolute monster
                                  check out his hudl

Comment

• svhorns
                                    All State
                                    • Apr 2015

Lol
                                    Played QB 50% of the time in 2013
                                    75% of the time last year
                                    last year at qb
                                    2400+ passing yards
                                    900+ rushing
                                    ON A TORN ACL
                                    Has a record for TDs at NS
                                    Passing at 65+%
                                    squats 600 pounds ON A TORN ACL
                                    Was called the strongest QB in the nation by Art Briles

Kid is an absolute monster
                                    check out his hudl
                                    Ill check him out.

Do you guys at NS feel like the talent is on par with years past? Kerwin Roach would have been a hell of a receiver.

Comment

• nsalumni
                                      Practice Squad
                                      • Jun 2015

Ill check him out.

Do you guys at NS feel like the talent is on par with years past? Kerwin Roach would have been a hell of a receiver.
                                      Kerwin played QB for NS and did pretty decent
                                      As for the talent, its not down, not at all

Speed is WAAAAAAY up
                                      Size is a bit down, were gonna see how it shakes out in just a few, terrible, hot, humid, pain staking months!

Comment

• svhorns
                                        All State
                                        • Apr 2015

Kerwin played QB for NS and did pretty decent
                                        As for the talent, its not down, not at all

Speed is WAAAAAAY up
                                        Size is a bit down, were gonna see how it shakes out in just a few, terrible, hot, humid, pain staking months!
                                        Like I said earlier, NS, for me anyways, will be interesting to watch. Im ready to see NS get back to their Robert Reid days.

Comment

• Mr. Buddy Garrity
                                          Practice Squad
                                          • Jun 2015

Lol

Comment

Working...