X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SLC13
    '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
    • Apr 2015

R1D2 Bi-District: Cedar Hill vs. SLC, Friday 11/13 7:30PM @Dragon Stadium

Just in case you only frequent this board, I thought I'd start a game thread for this one. In what should be one of the best Bi-District matchups in the state, the Cedar Hill Longhorns invade Dragon stadium to face the Carroll Dragons. The Longhorns are looking to take the 1st step towards their third consecutive SC. The Dragons would love to get some revenge for last year. One very good team will be packing it in for the season.
    Team Comparisons

Cedar Hill Longhorns (9-1)
    Record vs PO teams:
    • Wins over 5A SOC (46-7), Arl. Bowie (28-17), Skyline (20-10), Coppell (36-21), Desoto (26-2), SGP (39-28)
    • Loss to Mansfield (46-43)
    Playmakers:
    • QB: Avery Davis 128-197-4, 1,976yds, 22TDs
    • RB: Davis 100-795yds, 12TDs; Marquise Foreman 98-559yds, 9TDs; Kaegan Williams 78-465, 5TDs
    • WR: Camron Buckley 28-405yds, 7TDs; Charleston Rambo 20-341yds, 3TDs; Josh Stewart 17-319yds, 4TDs; Malik Orr 21-300yds, 3TDs; Jaylen Sims 20-316yds, 2TDs
    SLC Dragons (8-2)
    Record vs PO teams:
    • Wins over Tulsa Union OK(34-30), Abilene (42-17), Coppell (38-37), Colleyville Heritage (42-14)
    • Losses to Austin Westlake (20-14), Euless Trinity (37-35)
    Playmakers:
    • QB: Mason Holmes 160-244-3, 2,388yds, 33TDs
    • RB: L’il Jordan Humphrey 149-1,063yds, 12TDs; Shemar Coleman 61-497yds, 8TDs
    • WR: Zach Farrar 42-849yds, 16TDs; Humphrey 51-760yds, 7TDs; Coleman 45-492yds, 6TDs; Kameron Duhon 22-337yds, 3TDs
    Cedar Hill SLC
    Offense
    Run/Pass Ratio 60%/40% 53%/47%
    PPG 36.6 43.1
    Total YPG 409.1 509.2
    Rushing YPG 200.8 217.5
    Passing YPG 208.3 291.7
    Defense
    PPGA 16.9 19.7
    Total YPGA 288.3 345.6
    Rushing YPGA 164.8 232.2
    Passing YPGA 123.5 113.4
    MISC.
    Penalties (Nbr - Yds) 55-512 62-566
    Turnover +/- +4 -1

Who wins and by how much??
    CH by 10 or more
    20.00%
    CH by < 10
    10.00%
    SLC by 10 or more
    20.00%
    SLC by < 10
    50.00%
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Time to shock the world. I think SLC can win going away. It's going to take the perfect game plan and flawless execution to do it, but it can be done.
    Super B

Comment

• SLC13
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
      Time to shock the world. I think SLC can win going away. It's going to take the perfect game plan and flawless execution to do it, but it can be done.
      I think one of the big keys for the Dragons is to wear down the CH defense. We need to play up tempo the whole game and to use our ability to give many different looks with the same personnel to keep CH from rotating defending personnel. Last year we waited too long before starting that and ended up playing catch up most of the game. Our defense is not as experienced as last year's, but is much healthier going into the game this year. As many have said their OL & RBs are not last year's, so I don't think CH will run through us like last year. Containing their QB and WRs will be the challenge this time, but I think if we can make a few stops, we will have a really good chance in this one.

Comment

• Super B
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13

I think one of the big keys for the Dragons is to wear down the CH defense. We need to play up tempo the whole game and to use our ability to give many different looks with the same personnel to keep CH from rotating defending personnel. Last year we waited too long before starting that and ended up playing catch up most of the game. Our defense is not as experienced as last year's, but is much healthier going into the game this year. As many have said their OL & RBs are not last year's, so I don't think CH will run through us like last year. Containing their QB and WRs will be the challenge this time, but I think if we can make a few stops, we will have a really good chance in this one.
        Funny how we can talk about and game plan on a forum but we have no control over how the coaches will do it.

The uptempo is a killer. When Carroll went uptempo on Trinity it was unstoppable. Went from methodical drives to quick single digit play drives for TDs.

If I were the Carroll coaches I would tell the LB's to focus on QB Avery every time on the zone read. He appears to be the only home run hitter in their run game and can turn a 5 yard gain into a 50+ TD run real fast.
        Super B

Comment

• Trinity Dad
          Practice Squad
          • Jul 2015

I think you may be correct, but I voted a little more conservatively. Speaking of health, overall without naming names, are the Longhorns healthy going into this game?

Comment

• Farmer
            All District
            • Apr 2015

Funny how we can talk about and game plan on a forum but we have no control over how the coaches will do it.

The uptempo is a killer. When Carroll went uptempo on Trinity it was unstoppable. Went from methodical drives to quick single digit play drives for TDs.

If I were the Carroll coaches I would tell the LB's to focus on QB Avery every time on the zone read. He appears to be the only home run hitter in their run game and can turn a 5 yard gain into a 50+ TD run real fast.
            I'm pretty sure there is a really good reason why coaches would never seek your advice for a game plan when it comes to stopping an offense or moving the football on a defense. But let's say they do and since you say Cedar Hill runs so much "zone read" and you would have the LBs do nothing but focus on Davis on this so called zone read why don't you tell us how you would align your ends, OLBs and what would you tell them to read prior to cedar hill running the "zone read" as you call it.

Comment

• SLC13
              • Apr 2015

Kudo's to my better half for finding this ('cause I never read Facebook).........TXA 21 Facebook page is now saying they will broadcast the game live on Friday night.

The Program guide doesn't show it yet, but it sounds legit if they posted it on Facebook. Time to crank up the DVR!!

Comment

• SLC13
                • Apr 2015

All seats have been sold. SR tickets will go on sale Friday morning.

Comment

• Farmer
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super Baby

Was really hoping that you would share with us that superior football knowledge you have over others and let us know how you would coach the LBs to key in on the "zone read" as well as how you would align your DEs and NT to also key in on the "zone read" and stop it.

Comment

• CHill
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

That was said last year also, it's HS football anything and everything can happen.

Comment

• CHill
                      1st Team
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLC13

We rotate anyway, the officials couldn't keep up with with CH up tempo in the first halve last week, so going up tempo has very little effect. They seen it and they practice it every week in a 10 minute block during the week. Good luck to both teams tonight in displaying sportsmanship and class to the outcome of the game.

Comment

• SLC13
                        • Apr 2015

Dragons win 37-33!!

Often big games don't live up to the hype, but not this one. What a great game by two excellent teams. The atmosphere at Dragon Stadium was memorable as the place was rockin' will all the energy from both team's fans. It is a shame that anybody had to lose.

Congrats to the Dragons for playing great and moving on and also congrats to Cedar Hill for a great effort in a tough loss.

Comment

Working...