Is a Lake Travis vs Katy Final Possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Is a Lake Travis vs Katy Final Possible?

If it is.... Im calling it now.
  • Bass
    Special Teams
    • Aug 2015

I think so. Cedar Hill and Carroll play at Dragon Stadium in round one, which totally feels like a toss up since it's so unexpected. Should've been the region final. The winner of that game should blow through the region and see Lake Travis in the semis, unless Lake Travis wants to lose to another team that has no business being on the field with them.

Comment

• dada
      2nd Team
      • Apr 2015

Naaaaa...Chill still beats SLC

Comment

• Bass
        Special Teams
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by dada
        Naaaaa...Chill still beats SLC
        EIther way, Steele is gonna have their hands full at NRG.

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

Is Lake Travis still air raiding? I know Katy is grounding and pounding. A team like Katy who can control the clock to keep their defense fresh will matchup well with LT. I dont think anyone will get LT in a shootout their D will get enough stops.

Comment

• Tut
            Pick 'Em - '16 College Champ, National Runner Up, 6A Runner Up, - '15 6A Champ & College Runner Up
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Bass

EIther way, Steele is gonna have their hands full at NRG.

Not at NRG .....
            Likely semis are CH - LT & Katy - Steele.
            KT - LT is possible.
            https://my.reason2race.com/JohnTuttle/TowneLakeTri2017

katystudentsrun.org/

Comment

• Bass
              Special Teams
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Tut

Not at NRG .....
              Likely semis are CH - LT & Katy - Steele.
              KT - LT is possible.
              I meant in the final

Comment

• sTp
                1st Team
                • Apr 2015

Looks likely that we will get an upclose and personal look at them in the first round.

Comment

• SLC13
                  '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
                  • Apr 2015

I think so. Cedar Hill and Carroll play at Dragon Stadium in round one, which totally feels like a toss up since it's so unexpected. Should've been the region final. The winner of that game should blow through the region and see Lake Travis in the semis, unless Lake Travis wants to lose to another team that has no business being on the field with them.
                  There are some pretty good teams in R2D2 this year. I would think that either Westfield or Spring would be a pretty tough matchup for LT long before they need to worry about a CH/SLC or Katy matchup.

Comment

• sTp
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                    Looks likely that we will get an upclose and personal look at them in the first round.
                    Welp, nevermind! The way we played Friday, LT might have hung 100 on us..

Comment

• Farmer
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

why should it have been the regional final? Neither one of these teams are so dominant that they should just be given a slot in round 4. but I guess they are the only two teams who play football in this state.

Comment

• Bass
                        Special Teams
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

why should it have been the regional final? Neither one of these teams are so dominant that they should just be given a slot in round 4. but I guess they are the only two teams who play football in this state.
                        Nope, just because the build up would be better. Go to the main board/general discussion board and check out my thread on Daingerfield. I figure you'd probably have more to contribute than anyone.

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Nope, just because the build up would be better. Go to the main board/general discussion board and check out my thread on Daingerfield. I figure you'd probably have more to contribute than anyone.
                          gotcha. Don't let what the homers on other boards say fool you. The two best teams in region 1 are Mansfield and Cedar Hill. Mansfield will beat Marcus when they play again and a second Mansfield cs Cedar Hill game would be just as even as the first one would.

Comment

• Bass
                            Special Teams
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

gotcha. Don't let what the homers on other boards say fool you. The two best teams in region 1 are Mansfield and Cedar Hill. Mansfield will beat Marcus when they play again and a second Mansfield cs Cedar Hill game would be just as even as the first one would.
                            Funny you say that because I'd started buying into the Marcus hype from what they're saying on the 6A site. I haven't seen any video on them yet. Who else do you like from that side of the bracket?

Comment

• Farmer
                              All District
                              • Apr 2015

Funny you say that because I'd started buying into the Marcus hype from what they're saying on the 6A site. I haven't seen any video on them yet. Who else do you like from that side of the bracket?
                              here is what you have on that site, you have a few posters that try to hard to convince people they know so much about the game and programs that they end up talking out is their ass 90% of the time. Some of the people you see commenting on. Marcus over there haven't even seen them play this year so they make stupid comments like Marcus has another Hopkins running rhe football. What the Furk does that even mean? Or they say look at who the QB coach is and they give that guy credit as to why their QB is putting up decent numbers when the real reason is Kaden Smith and the pressure he forces defenses to defend the field with as well as the incredible catches he makes.
                              Marcus isn't really that strong running the football. Their leading rusher is a Hopkins but their best back is a guy by the name of CJ Respass. Respass hits the hole much faster and is a stronger back IMO than Hopkins. Respass has the ability to bust off some long runs once he hits the second level because both his pad level remain low and he has a burst of speed that will allow him to gain 15-20 yards on a play that should have gone for 3-4. Hopkins doesn't have that.
                              The thing that has improved about Marcus this year is their secondary. I'm not saying it's LSU or Florida good but it's the best they have had in a long time. They realk pressure receivers and at times will disguise coverage along the way going from a 2 to a quarters to a man press type coverage. They don't play that soft cushion they used to. All of that said the best team they have beat this year is Mansfileld in the first game of the season. I think Mansfield with their balanced attack will be the most potent offense Marcus has seen since Allen and Allen was on the verge of blowing Marcus out before the interceptions. As for the other side of the bracket it's hard to say. I don't think watching clips on HS Sports extra or highlight videos on YouTube gives a fair indication for how good a team is overall. Arlington Lamar seems to have quietly gone about their business and may poise as a tough out but in not familiar with them at all to be honest.

Comment

• CHill
                                1st Team
                                • Apr 2015

FM Marcus will beat Mansfield again, the down side of Mansfield is the lack of defense.

Comment

• Farmer
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CHill
                                  FM Marcus will beat Mansfield again, the down side of Mansfield is the lack of defense.
                                  I don't see Mansfield being held to 80 yards rushing against Marcus a 2nd time around. Marcus has had a nice year but they haven't beat many quality teams. They are not a great offense at all and if you can somehow limit Smiths touches then they are a really average to bow average offense. Mansfield held Marcus to 206 total yards of offense the first time around. I would trust the Mansfield defense over the Marcus offense in a rematch. Last week Brandon Stephens was able to run pretty easily against Marcus. I look for Mansfield to follow the same blue print if this game happens which is attacking Marcus between the tackles.

Comment

• Defense Wins Championship
                                    Practice Squad
                                    • Jun 2015

I'll take Marcus to win this matchup! Good luck to them!

Comment

• Farmer
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Defense Wins Championship
                                      I'll take Marcus to win this matchup! Good luck to them!
                                      we will find out on Friday night. I'll leave it at that. I'm sure Mansfield will be all kinds of fired up for this one and I'm not sure Marcus defense can duplicate the performance from week 1 holding Brooks to 25 yards on 20 carries

Comment

• Bass
                                        Special Teams
                                        • Aug 2015

Good call, Horns.

Comment

Working...
                                        😀
                                        😂
                                        🥰
                                        😘
                                        🤢