• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loboe5977
    1st Team
    • Aug 2016

2016 Roscoe Plowboys.

Roscoe Looking To Plow Through 2016

"The Roscoe Plowboys are one of those teams from the area that could make some noise in 2016.

They plowed their way to the third round of the playoffs last year, and one prominent class 2A coach in the big country says the Plowboys are a team everyone needs to watching out for this year.

Mary Margaret Johnson said, "Practice in pads means the start of football season is finally here, and nobody is more excited about that than Roscoe. They're coming off an 8 and 5 season but they're looking to start out stronger this year and hopefully end up with the state championship trophy."

Brayden Beal said, "well first we want to accomplish a district championship then make a run through the playoffs and ultimately win the state championship."

Matthew Buckley said, "I want to see my team have a good attitude whether we win or lose, how we play the ball is how I've always wanted to see my team play. We've run really good so far and I just want to see us hopefully win that state championship, I feel like we have a good chance this year, to be able to take this trophy home to the school, being able to see them put it up in the big trophy case, that 'd be wonderful."

Roadey Mann said, "We're all excited, especially us seniors. We've been waiting for this about 9 months. We were pretty disappointed last year how it ended, because we feel like we're better than that, so we're just excited to be back out here."

Coach Jake Freeman said, "You can't put a pricetag on leadership and experience. We've got a quarterback that's starting his third year and a bunch of linemen that are going into their third years starting. Experience is invaluable. If you have that, you're better already. The leadership of these guys is great, and they're helping these younger kids fill the roles that they need to fill."

Mary Margaret Johnson said, "And that leadership is certainly going to help the plowboys on and off the field.

The Plowboys return 5 starters on both sides of the ball from an 8 and 5 team in 2015. They open the new year against Haskell in Sweetwater on Thursday the 25th."

• Loboe5977
    1st Team
    • Aug 2016

2010-----Roscoe Plowboys-----2015
    (4-7) (0-10) (2-8) (4-6) (5-6) (8-5)

Comment

Working...