• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loboe5977
    1st Team
    • Aug 2016

2016 1A Football Coaching Changes.

---------------------School--------------------------Old coach-----------New Coach.
    Anton Bulldogs---------------------------------Clint Linman-------------Pat Potts.
    Aquilla Cougars--------------------------------Cory McAdams---------Mark Weaver.
    Baytown Christian Bulldogs-----------------Michael Wiggins-----Jeromey Anderson.
    Benjamin Mustangs----------------------------Jacob Navarro---------James Jackson.
    Blum Bobcats-----------------------------------John McFarlin--------Cooper Thornhill.
    Brookesmith Mustangs-------------------------David Donnell----------Adam Cline.
    Bynum Bulldogs----------------------------------Josh Ball-----------Brandon Gilmore.
    Calvert Trojans--------------------------------Wayne Ware------------John Cherry.
    Chester Yellowjackets---------------------Christopher Fudge.
    Coolidge Yellowjackets------------------------Randy Jones---------Wayne Ware.
    Covington Owls-----------------------------------Jason Riley--------Charles Steele.
    Gilmer Union Hill Bulldogs---------------------Nate Carter--------Shane Mallory.
    Gustine Tigers---------------------------------Danny Copeland--------Brad Bell.
    Hedley Owls------------------------------------Darrell Wallace.
    Hermleigh Cardinals---------------------------Shane Mallory--------Derek Ahearn.
    Katy Faith West Eagles--------------------------Greg Koch--------Hayden Flowers.
    Knox City Greyhounds------------------------Charles Steele-------Caleb Callaway.
    Kopperl Eagles-----------------------------------Derek Ahearn.
    Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian Eagles----Tyler Sanders------Danny Martin.
    Lefors Pirates----------------------------------Derek Schlieve-----------Joe Riley.
    Loraine Bulldogs----------------------------------Kyle Hauk-----------Eric Sanchez.
    Medina Bobcats-----------------------------------Mark Coley-----------Josh ***ley.
    Moran Bulldogs------------------------------------Brian Davis------------Lee Lewis.
    Nueces Canyon Panthers-------------------------Cody Ross-----------Keith Hughes.
    O'Donnell Eagles-----------------------------------Brad Bell---------------Kevin Ray.
    Paducah Dragons---------------------------------Ross Johnson---------David Donnell.
    Paint Rock Indians----------------------------Brandon Halfman-------Jeff Corean.
    Rankin Red Devils---------------------------------Pat Potts-------------Jeff Shelton.
    Rising Star Wildcats---------------------------Caleb Callaway--------Randy Jones.
    Rule Bobcats-------------------------------------Mark Weaver----------Isiah Archer.
    San Antonio Atonement Academy------------Gus Rodriguez.
    San Antonio Great Hearts Monte Vista---------Brian Jones.
    Silverton Owls-------------------------------------Aaron Green.
    Southland Eagles---------------------------------Justin Rucker-----------Kyle Hauk.
    Spur Bulldogs--------------------------------------Jeff Shelton.
    Sterling City Eagles--------------------------------Bret Tyler-------------Trey Sisco.
    Temple Holy Trinity Catholic Celtics---------Ryan Bounds------------Greg Koch.
    Trent Gorillas-------------------------------------Ronny Miller---------Derek Schlieve.
    Trinidad Trojans----------------------------------Scott Hayes.
    Vernon Northside Indians-----------------------Matt Billings-----------Brett White.
    Waco Parkview Pacers---------------------------------------------------Bryce Frazier.
    White Deer Bucks----------------------------------Ben Smith----------Justin Rucker.
    Woodson Cowboys-----------------------------Bobby Lankford-------Richard Sullivan.
  • Loboe5977
    1st Team
    • Aug 2016

---------------------School----------------------------Old coach-----------New Coach.
    Chester Yellowjackets-----------------------Christopher Fudge.
    Hedley Owls---------------------------------------Darrell Wallace.
    Kopperl Eagles-------------------------------------Derek Ahearn.
    San Antonio Great Hearts Monte Vista--------Brian Jones.
    Silverton Owls---------------------------------------Aaron Green.
    Spur Bulldogs----------------------------------------Jeff Shelton.
    Trinidad Trojans-------------------------------------Scott Hayes....any updated news ??

Comment

• Loboe5977
      1st Team
      • Aug 2016

by CowboyP » "Mike Maserelli is the new guy at Trinidad."

James Massarelli named new Trinidad coach
      Joe Elerson, Staff Writer

"The Trinidad Trojans have a new coach for the second straight season following the departure of Scott Hayes on June 29.

Hayes announced he was leaving to take an assistant coaching job at Rice High School.

Coach James Massarelli takes over a program that went 3-7 last year under Hayes.

“This will be my second six-man job and the first one where we will finish the season,” Massarelli said. “I took over and was starting the program and then they closed the school on me about six years ago.”

He said with previous coaching experience at Cross Roads and Kerens, the opportunity to get back into coaching was a chance that fell in his lap.

“I have mainly been an 11-man coach. I had sat out for a couple of years watching my older two kids go off to college,” Massarelli said. “I decided to get back into coaching and Trinidad fell in my lap. My agent, who happens to be my wife, was looking for jobs and found it. She convinced me to apply and I met with coach (Mike) Sloan and Mr. (Matt) Mizzell and fell in love with the place.”

The small town atmosphere of Trinidad reminded his of his home in Arkansas.

“What I like about Trinidad is the small town,” Massarelli said. “It reminds me of where I grew up in Arkansas and played football there. I have been around this game my entire life. My dad was an athletic director for 40 years. I have been coaching and playing since I was three years old. Trinidad reminds me of that and I like that home town feeling.”

He is the third coach in the past four years to lead the Trojans program.

Coach Tom McVey led the team from 2013-14 guiding them to the playoffs in 2014. That year, they finished 7-4 with a bi-district round loss to the Calvert Trojans.

With only two teams advancing to the playoffs in Class A football, Massarelli knows it will be a tough season.

“We are going to take this season one game at a time. Football is football and we are going to block and we are going to tackle,” Massarelli said. “If we take care of the fundamentals, we are going to be fine. We have a long way to go and it is not going to be done in a day, but we are going to get better.”

Trinidad is picked to finish last in district play by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazine.

Massarelli said they are hoping to shock the district teams this year as Milford was a Division I regional finalist, Mount Calm was a Division II regional semifinalist and Oakwood was a bi-district playoff team last year.

All three of those teams are predicted to finish in the top three positions this year by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazine.

Prior to their district contests, the Trojans will face the defending Division II state champions in the Richland Springs Coyotes Oct. 7.

The Coyotes finished with an undefeated 15-0 record last year. They are the No. 1 ranked team in Division II by Dave Campbell’s magazine.

“We will be doing a lot of multiple things this year. We are going to be vanilla and physical this year,” Massarelli said. “I have always been physical and we will be a physical team. We are going to control the game and the clock. We are facing murder’s row so we will fight the entire night.”

Trinidad opens the scrimmage portion of its season Friday with a three-team scrimmage in Blum.

They will face Blum and Coolidge starting at 10 a.m.

They will wrap up the scrimmages Friday, Aug. 19 with a home contest against Inspired Vision at 6 p.m. at Trojan Field."

http://www.athensreview.com/sports/jame ... cf4ef.html

Comment

• Loboe5977
        1st Team
        • Aug 2016

-------School-------------------Old coach-----------New Coach.
        Trinidad Trojans------------Scott Hayes--------James Massarelli.

Comment

• Loboe5977
          1st Team
          • Aug 2016

---------------------School--------------------------Old coach-----------New Coach.
          Anton Bulldogs---------------------------------Clint Linman-------------Pat Potts.
          Aquilla Cougars--------------------------------Cory McAdams---------Mark Weaver.
          Baytown Christian Bulldogs-----------------Michael Wiggins-----Jeromey Anderson.
          Benjamin Mustangs----------------------------Jacob Navarro---------James Jackson.
          Blum Bobcats-----------------------------------John McFarlin--------Cooper Thornhill.
          Bynum Bulldogs----------------------------------Josh Ball-----------Brandon Gilmore.
          Calvert Trojans--------------------------------Wayne Ware------------John Cherry.
          Chester Yellowjackets---------------------Christopher Fudge.
          Covington Owls-----------------------------------Jason Riley--------Charles Steele.
          Gilmer Union Hill Bulldogs---------------------Nate Carter--------Shane Mallory.
          Hermleigh Cardinals---------------------------Shane Mallory--------Derek Ahearn.
          Katy Faith West Eagles--------------------------Greg Koch--------Hayden Flowers.
          Knox City Greyhounds------------------------Charles Steele-------Caleb Callaway.
          Lefors Pirates----------------------------------Derek Schlieve-----------Joe Riley.
          Loraine Bulldogs----------------------------------Kyle Hauk-----------Eric Sanchez.
          Medina Bobcats-----------------------------------Mark Coley-----------Josh ***ley.
          Moran Bulldogs------------------------------------Brian Davis------------Lee Lewis.
          Nueces Canyon Panthers-------------------------Cody Ross-----------Keith Hughes.
          O'Donnell Eagles-----------------------------------Brad Bell---------------Kevin Ray.
          Paducah Dragons---------------------------------Ross Johnson---------David Donnell.
          Paint Rock Indians----------------------------Brandon Halfman-------Jeff Corean.
          Rankin Red Devils---------------------------------Pat Potts-------------Jeff Shelton.
          Rising Star Wildcats---------------------------Caleb Callaway--------Randy Jones.
          Rule Bobcats-------------------------------------Mark Weaver----------Isiah Archer.
          Southland Eagles---------------------------------Justin Rucker-----------Kyle Hauk.
          Sterling City Eagles--------------------------------Bret Tyler-------------Trey Sisco.
          Trent Gorillas-------------------------------------Ronny Miller---------Derek Schlieve.
          Trinidad Trojans-------------------------------Scott Hayes---James Massarelli.
          Vernon Northside Indians-----------------------Matt Billings-----------Brett White.
          Waco Parkview Pacers---------------------------------------------------Bryce Frazier.
          White Deer Bucks----------------------------------Ben Smith----------Justin Rucker.
          Woodson Cowboys-----------------------------Bobby Lankford-------Richard Sullivan.

Comment

• Loboe5977
            1st Team
            • Aug 2016

FROM Coach Fudge,"Chester will be lead by Coach Gary Beam of Sidney."

CHS Names Coach Gary Beam New Yellowjacket Boss
            by Jana Rayburn

"Chester Yellowjacket Football team has a new leader. Coach Gary Beam is already on the job as Athletic Director and Head Football Coach at Chester ISD.

Beam comes to Yellowjacket country from Sidney, where he was the Head Football Coach for three years. Sidney ISD is one of the smallest schools in the State of Texas, and fielding a 6-man team has been difficult because of the small enrollment. Beam and his young team went 1-3 his first year at Sidney; they were unable to finish the season because of numbers. In his third year as head coach, the team went 7-3, just missing the playoffs.

Beam is elated by the number of athletes coming into the weight room every day.

"The young men I have met have been very respectful and I am proud of the kids that are coming to work out this summer. So far, they are eager to learn and eager to please," said Beam.

Beam has a different approach to weight training and workouts than the Yellowjacket athletes are accustomed to, but they aren't putting up any resistance; they are giving 110 percent.

Beam is big on discipline. He has high expectations and wants things done a certain way. He is a man of faith, and coaches his team with three important values at the forefront: faith, character, and discipline. He feels that a strong character builds success, and that is what he wants to convey to his athletes.

Asked about what he expects out of his athletes, Beam says, "I will take hard work and willingness over talent every day. I like team players. We are trying to teach these kids to be prepared for life – to be leaders who can take on responsibilities and be dependable. It's not about individual goals." He adds, "I like winning, but my job goes farther than just teaching football. I am teaching life lessons. Our end goal is to win, but we will be respectful and courteous above all."

The entire Chester community is excited to welcome both Beam and his wife, Michelle to Chester. Michelle will be the Kindergarten teacher at Chester Elementary."

http://www.tylercountybooster.com/index ... acket-boss

Comment

• Loboe5977
              1st Team
              • Aug 2016

---------School------------------------Old coach--------------------New Coach.
              Chester Yellowjackets--------Christopher Fudge------------Gary Beam.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                1st Team
                • Aug 2016

Chester Yellowjackets----------------Christopher Fudge------------Gary Beam.
                Trinidad Trojans-------------------------------Scott Hayes---James Massarelli.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                  1st Team
                  • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Coach Fudge
                  Chester will be lead by Coach Gary Beam of Sidney. No idea who replaced him at Sidney

------School------------Old coach-----------New Coach.
                  Sidney Eagles--------Gary Beam----????????

Gary Beam at school (13-13-0), Over All (13-13-0).

http://www.pigskinprep.com/archive/2...ID=152&yr=2015

Comment

• Loboe5977
                    1st Team
                    • Aug 2016

San Antonio Great Hearts Monte Vista-------Brian Jones.
                    Sidney Eagles---------------------------------------Gary Beam.
                    Trinidad Trojans----------------------------------Scott Hayes--------James Massarelli.
                    Woodson Cowboys-----------------------------Bobby Lankford-------Richard Sullivan

Last edited by Loboe5977; 08-22-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                      1st Team
                      • Aug 2016

GoFridayNight
                      Sidney Eagles out to end playoff drought
                      By Mike Lee, Special to the Reporter-News

"Sidney hopes new coach Darin Barrow can improve participation and capitalize on a wide-open district as the Eagles seek to end a four-year absence from the six-man playoffs.

The Eagles finished 7-3 last season, but missed the playoffs after district losses to Blanket (51-12) and Rising Star (98-50). Still, the seven wins under former coach Gary Beam were an improvement, considering the Sidney was forced to stop playing during the 2013 season after injuries depleted the roster.

Barrow, who spent the last five years at Cotton Center but has coaching ties to the Big Country, will inherit a young team that lost half its starting lineup from last year. Numbers again could be a problem, but on the optimistic end, Barrow could have a dozen or so players. The new coach didn't arrive at Sidney until early July.

"We are very young. We'll be relying on a lot of freshmen," said Barrow, who previously coached at Blanket and Mullin. "They told me numbers could be low this year, but they're hoping a new coach will help that situation."

It will if for no other reason than Barrow's son, junior Austin Barrow, will join the Eagles this year. The younger Barrow is 6-foot-2 and 200 pounds and figures to play running back and linebacker.

Another factor that should help Sidney is the realigned District 12-1A Division II, which lost perennial state power Richland Springs and now includes five teams that combined for a 15-35 record last year. Realignment left a wide-open race for the two playoff berths.

"The district alignment is a good situation for all the teams to be competitive," Barrow said, referring to Sidney, Brookesmith, Gustine, Mullin and Panther Creek. "If we can stay healthy, we feel like we can compete in the district."

Amid all the youth, the Eagles hope to have a couple veterans in senior center Troy Seider (5-11, 225) and junior end Colton Limmer (6-0, 175).

A pair of sophomores — running back Dennis Morales and end Aubry Millwee — should add some experience to the lineup. Morales made all-district last year as a special-teams player. Offensive help will come from four freshmen — running backs Josh Kinnard (5-10, 170) and James Tucker (5-10, 170), end Will Caffey and center Jonathon Crim.

Defensively, Millwee averaged 14.5 tackles per game last year at end and was named the district's preseason Defensive MVP by Texas Football magazine. Morales averaged 9.5 tackles per game last year at linebacker. Seider at end and Limmer at linebacker could solidify the defense. The freshman help will come in the form of Kinnard, Tucker and Caffey as linebackers, and Crim as an end."

http://www.reporternews.com/sports/high ... 80901.html

Comment

• Loboe5977
                        1st Team
                        • Aug 2016

Coach Darin Barrow at school (15-31-0), Over All (80-79-0)

Comment

• Loboe5977
                          1st Team
                          • Aug 2016

Sidney Eagles---------------------------------------Gary Beam-------------Darin Barrow.
                          Trinidad Trojans----------------------------------Scott Hayes--------James Massarelli.
                          Woodson Cowboys-----------------------------Bobby Lankford-------Richard Sullivan

Comment

• Loboe5977
                            1st Team
                            • Aug 2016

----------School------------Old coach.
                            Cotton Center Elks-----Darin Barrow.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                              1st Team
                              • Aug 2016

Cotton Center Elks---------------------------Darin Barrow.
                              Sidney Eagles---------------------------------------Gary Beam-------------Darin Barrow.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                1st Team
                                • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Loboe77
                                -------School-------------Old coach.
                                Cotton Center Elks---Darin Barrow.

Pigskin Preview: Cotton Center Elks
                                By Pete Christy, Sports Director

COTTON CENTER, TX (KCBD) -"Coming off a 5-3 season, the Cotton Center Elks had a late coaching change as former Spur/Lazbuddie and New Home Coach J.K. Hester takes over the pigskin program.

"They're excited to get some new blood in here. Coach Barrow did a good job previously. I think they're excited about new direction of program and where it's heading right now."

With some big boys returning, Coach Hester says, "Hopefully some smash mouth football is about to come Cotton Center's way."

The Elks are in District with Amherst, Whitharral, Kress and Lazbuddie.

"We want to get better every week. Not peak too early. It's always been a staple of teams I coached. Peaking at the right time and usually late in district is when we are playing our best football."

Back in June, a storm with strong winds damaged the school and scoreboard in Cotton Center, but repairs are being made and a new scoreboard should be in hopefully before the home opener.

Coach Hester is excited to get things started.

"Football is King in Texas and we're excited like everybody else. We're ready to get rolling."

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                  1st Team
                                  • Aug 2016

-----------School-----------------Old coach-----------New Coach.
                                  Cotton Center Elks-----------Darin Barrow---------J.K. Hester

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                    1st Team
                                    • Aug 2016

Cotton Center Elks-------------------------Darin Barrow----------J.K. Hester.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                      1st Team
                                      • Aug 2016

Pigskin Preview: Spur Bulldogs
                                      By Pete Christy, Sports Director

Spur Bulldogs Head Coach Armando Solis

SPUR, TX (KCBD) -"The Spur Bulldogs went 6-5 last year and they enter this season with a new coach.

Jeff Shelton recently left to go to Rankin so Armando Solis was just hired on Monday to lead the pigskin program.

"I guess we can say it was a spur of the moment thing. I'm thrilled. I'm excited. I'm pumped up to be back in the 6-man community. It's a great thing for me and my family and the community of Spur."

Solis has previously coached at Anton and Amherst and he is focused on the kids.

"We want kids successful. We want these guys to build confidence. I'm passionate. It's all about the kids."

Spur is in District 4 of 1A Division I with Paducah, Rotan and Knox City."

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                        1st Team
                                        • Aug 2016

Spur Bulldogs--------------------------------------Jeff Shelton---Armando Solis.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                          1st Team
                                          • Aug 2016

Spur Bulldogs--------------------------------------Jeff Shelton-------------Armando Solis.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                            1st Team
                                            • Aug 2016

by tigercoach24 » Coaching Carousel
                                            "Cody Lancaster is the head coach in Hedley."

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                              1st Team
                                              • Aug 2016

■ One final note
                                              "Hedley head coach Cody Lancaster, aged 23 and one of the youngest coaches in Texas high school football, used to be Raider Red at Texas Tech before donning the green and white. Pass it on."

Last edited by Loboe5977; 08-30-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                                1st Team
                                                • Aug 2016

-------School----------Old coach-----------New Coach.
                                                Hedley Owls------Darrell Wallace-----Cody Lancaster.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                                  1st Team
                                                  • Aug 2016

Hedley Owls------------------------------------Darrell Wallace----------Cody Lancaster.
                                                  Spur Bulldogs--------------------------------------Jeff Shelton-------------Armando Solis.

Comment

• Loboe5977
                                                    1st Team
                                                    • Aug 2016

---------------------School--------------------------Old coach.

Any New Coach updates ??

Comment

Working...
                                                    😀
                                                    😂
                                                    🥰
                                                    😘
                                                    🤢
                                                    😎
                                                    😞
                                                    😡
                                                    👍