NFL Draft thread

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Draft thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NFL Draft thread

    Let's share thoughts about the draft.
    Super B

  • #2
    I wouldn't take Jamies Winston with the first pick. He has a lot of growing up to do and teams that are picking early need some help now, and usually at more than one position.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think Winston will be a bust. I'm not sure about Mariota either, but I'd take him over Winston.
      Super B

      Comment


      • #4
        Agree with taking Mariotta over Winston. Id get more into detail but im on my phone.

        Comment


        • #5
          Tampa continues their illustrious draft history by wasting a #1 overall pick on a certain bust. I'll give it three years max.
          Super B

          Comment


          • #6
            What's the over/under on how many times he'll be arrested in those 3 years?

            Comment


            • #7
              Winston was the better athlete/QB and the right pick for Tampa Bay and will put the doubters ^^ to rest over the next few years.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hebron0608 View Post
                What's the over/under on how many times he'll be arrested in those 3 years?
                Good point. Funny.
                Super B

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jrstar View Post
                  Winston was the better athlete/QB and the right pick for Tampa Bay and will put the doubters ^^ to rest over the next few years.
                  Winston: 1 Int every 30 pass attempts
                  Mariota: 1 Int every 105 pass attempts

                  Winston: 4.9 40 yard dash
                  Mariota: 4.5 40 yard dash
                  Super B

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cowboys draft pick Byron Jones set some combine records.

                    60 yard shuttle: I don't know the time.
                    vertical leap: 44.5 inches

                    Broad jump: 12 feet 3 inches 《---also a world record
                    Super B

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't know anything about Jones but they definitely needed defensive back help. They also need defensive line help so hopefully there is someone left out there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jrstar View Post
                        Winston was the better athlete/QB and the right pick for Tampa Bay and will put the doubters ^^ to rest over the next few years.
                        I don't doubt his athleticism, but his head. I don't know if he has the mind set and maturity to handle what he will have to as the #1 pick on a terrible team

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Actually Mariota is a much better athlete than Winston.
                          Super B

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How has the draft shaped up so far for Texans and Cowboys fans?

                            At 6'-0", 188lbs Kevin Johnson is smaller than some of Katy's DBs. If he starts 6 games for Texans he will double the starts that Clowney had. I'm not so high on the draft. It takes most a while to adapt to the speed of the NFL and a lot of times they can't adjust.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              A lot of scouts felt Johnson was the best coverage corner in the draft. He played every game in college with no major injuries, so he is durable. Run support is a question mark.

                              Jones can play either corner or safety and is more of an all round player.

                              I know from the Cowboys perspective, these were the two guys they were targeting. They were going to take whichever guy was there. They would have been happy either way.
                              Super B

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Tis is how Winston celebrated being picked #1 overall by the Tampa Bay Bucs.

                                Super B

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Super B View Post
                                  A lot of scouts felt Johnson was the best coverage corner in the draft. He played every game in college with no major injuries, so he is durable. Run support is a question mark.

                                  Jones can play either corner or safety and is more of an all round player.

                                  I know from the Cowboys perspective, these were the two guys they were targeting. They were going to take whichever guy was there. They would have been happy either way.
                                  I agree with you about the CB's. Johnson is more polished and probably can start sooner, but Jones is a better athlete with a higher upside.

                                  For the most part I liked the Cowboys draft. They let the draft come to them and followed their board rather than jumping all around. Since none of the premium RB's fell right for them, I think they'll probably address the depth issue by picking up someone during the preseason. The only picks I didn't understand were in the 7th round. Why jump back into the draft just to get a blocking TE?? Why not use one of those 7th round picks to draft the Collins kid from LSU. Having his draft rights seems like a small risk with a huge upside.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Given that not one team was willing to take a flyer on Collins, they may know more than we do. Perhaps a conviction is likely? If and once he is cleared of charges, he will be a highly sought after F/A.

                                    I don't know about the TE. I do know that neither Escobar or Hannah block. They are both simply pass catching TE's. Having four TE's on the roster doesn't seem likely. If the pick works out, maybe they try a trade to get something for Escobar or Hannah?
                                    Super B

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Super B View Post
                                      Given that not one team was willing to take a flyer on Collins, they may know more than we do. Perhaps a conviction is likely? If and once he is cleared of charges, he will be a highly sought after F/A.

                                      I don't know about the TE. I do know that neither Escobar or Hannah block. They are both simply pass catching TE's. Having four TE's on the roster doesn't seem likely. If the pick works out, maybe they try a trade to get something for Escobar or Hannah?
                                      .........and that's why I would have used one of our 7th round picks on him. He becomes an asset that can be kept or traded for a pretty high draft choice next year.

                                      Neither Escobar or Hanna have any trade value. I'm thinking that they carry this kid on the practice squad all year and then plug him in next year when Hanna's contract expires and they let him walk.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Swaim will develop into more than a blocking tight end, the kid can catch the ball. It didn't help he never had a competent QB to throw him the ball but he has great measureables and did perform well at the Texas pro day. He was the #1 TE when he transffered to Texas from the JUCO ranks. I dont think he'll make an immediate impact but very rarely do 7th round picks make an immediate impact anyways.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by svhorns View Post
                                          Swaim will develop into more than a blocking tight end, the kid can catch the ball. It didn't help he never had a competent QB to throw him the ball but he has great measureables and did perform well at the Texas pro day. He was the #1 TE when he transffered to Texas from the JUCO ranks. I dont think he'll make an immediate impact but very rarely do 7th round picks make an immediate impact anyways.
                                          That greatly helps explain why the 'Boys dealt next year's 6th to climb back into the draft for Swaim. I knew very little about him, thanks for the insights.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by SLC13 View Post

                                            That greatly helps explain why the 'Boys dealt next year's 6th to climb back into the draft for Swaim. I knew very little about him, thanks for the insights.

                                            No problem. Here's some news regarding La'el Collins. Cowboys have setup a meeting with him.

                                            http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/12...er-lsu-ol-lael

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              The Ticket in Dallas is reporting that the Cowboys have signed Collins. Apparently he has been cleared In the investigation.
                                              Super B

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Super B View Post
                                                The Ticket in Dallas is reporting that the Cowboys have signed Collins. Apparently he has been cleared In the investigation.
                                                And there you go.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  So, the Cowboys basically end up with three 1st round talent guys from this draft. It's a home run. If Gregory works out, it's a Grand Slam.
                                                  Super B

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by Super B View Post
                                                    So, the Cowboys basically end up with three 1st round talent guys from this draft. It's a home run. If ******* works out, it's a Grand Slam.
                                                    Why is G.regory filtered?
                                                    Super B

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by Super B View Post
                                                      The Ticket in Dallas is reporting that the Cowboys have signed Collins. Apparently he has been cleared In the investigation.
                                                      WOW!! Why waste a draft choice when you can get the guy as a free agent. Jerry and company showed me.

                                                      You have to rate the Cowboys draft as an A+ now. Let's hope they all play like 1st rounders.

                                                      Comment

                                                      Working...
                                                      X