X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Deer crossing when not in season

The reaction to the QB situation in town is interesting. The Texans recycled T.J. and he turned into a success story but that doesn't mean he gets to start again this Sunday against New Orleans. I posted yesterday that Brian Hoyer had passed his concussion test and would be the guy to go after the Saints instead of YATES. By the way, if it weren't for concussions, many sports types would never say the word PROTOCOL ever. So Hoyer is back and as I mentioned above there was reaction. One of my "friends" replied, WHY? Yates is a great quarterback". That fella's definition of great must have been right up there with a reaction to eating C RATIONS. "This chow is great" said not one single soldier, ever. When your team has won 3 in a row you wouldn't want to tinker much, but remember in the NF-HELL there is a standing rule. YOU CAN'T DEMOTE YOUR QB BECAUSE OF INJURY. EVER. I got plenty of "Hell no" reactions to the Hoyer starting business.

It is becoming more clear that which ever guy looks at BEN JONES'S BUTT on Sundays he will have to throw the ball to DeAndre about 20 times. Hopkins is on pace to get the ball nearly 22 times per game and that has been a great formula. But let's get real for a minute. 5-5 is ok, but not great. Count the teams the TEXANS SHOULD BEAT in their last 6 and you might end up just like last year at 9-7. With one difference. You could win the AFC SUX and get a (hold your breath)  PLAYOFF SPOT. That would be a near miracle. I GOTTA think after last Sunday Brian Hoyer better be real good or my friends will really go after the coach.

More...
Working...