X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: No. 2 pencils only

Baylor drew one of the big money games last night. Thursday night is good for the pocket book, but scary for teams and coaches. Especially when your team is unbeaten. Baylor beat a so-so K-ST OUTFIT 31-24. Some of the so called experts (most of whom have never seen the BEARS in person or been to Waco) will tell you they didn't WIN BY ENOUGH. HORSE HOCKEY. You win by 1 and that gets it done. A freshman QB on the road and he does what hardly any other freshman could possibly do. Jarrett Stidham was great. HE IS 19. When I  was his age it took the entire fall and some of the winter to learn the way to class, let alone play big time football.My grandfather (the one I saw once in my life) used to send me BAYLOR PENNANTS and little green and gold megaphones when I was a kid. He loved Baylor. He worked and died in Belton. He made me a Baylor fan and guys like their all world QB, DON TRULL continued my admiration.  I AM NOT so much a Baylor fan when it comes to their other sports. Football will have to do. Chrome helmets rule. Don Trull didn't have one of those.

Don was the first Houstonian on the cover of S.I. He qb'd the PATRIOTS and the OILERS and played in the USFL TOO. He is in the college football hall of fame and is currently the PREZ of the TD CLUB OF HOUSTON. I am paying tribute to him today for one reason. He has some pretty good TEXANS TICKETS and I AM HOPING he'll let me have them for nothing. Seriously, I mean that. My son was a video coordinator for TEXAS TECH when Art Briles was an assistant. He said the only coach on the staff the players liked and respected was ART BRILES. I don't doubt that for a second. My only complaint? IN 2001 BAYLOR BEAT THE TAR out of Southern Illinois. I gotta see if I can get an HONORARY PH.D. from the BEARS. I guess I better call uncle DRAYTON.

More...
Working...