• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: The Week That Was

(THE WEEK THAT WAS)

It was quite a week, a sporting week. The Astros and Cubs will not meet in the World Series, but some players might sit near each other in the VIP section of CitiField or Rodgers Centre or the KC PLACE. I always think if you like to dress up something misspell a portion of the name and somehow it's cool. Centre COMES TO MIND. It's Center AND everyone knows it. Coulour it any way you wish.

Lamar Odom spent $75,000 on dope and ladies of the evening (although in Nevada, they start much earlier in the day) and this somehow saved his marriage with Khloe Whats-her-name. James Harden suddenly became a better ball player. The Rockets will start their season next week AND ALREADY I HEAR the coach saying "I wish we were more healthy." I said the same thing getting out of bed this morning. THE NBA pales in comparison to the upcoming TEXANS/DOLPHINS game. Who among us hasn't waited years for this. A game so critical they will play it. I AM going to pick the TEXANS to win just because I think Dan Marino is too old to keep throwing TDs.

Michigan's punter will do his thing again this Saturday, just better than he did against Michigan St. Give the guy a break. He's Australian. He would have caught that snap if the ball had been spinning in the opposite direction. My grandkids are at Disney. The mom and dad WILL BE GOOFY by the time they get back to Georgia. I gotta spin one NBA YARN before I break for the weekend.

Many years ago, the LAKERS called me to ask a favor (or was it a favour?). THEIR longtime announcer Chick Hearn was being inducted into the ILLINOIS broadcast hall of fame. HE was doing a game in NY that night and since my uncle was his best friend the team figured I COULD ACCEPT ON HIS BEHALF. The event was at ILLINOIS ST. U. I was working in nearby Peoria. I accepted  his plaque after it was explained who I WAS and why I was there. UPON getting the award on Chick's behalf I returned to my seat. A lady on the aisle reached to grab my arm. She said "Chick, you haven't changed a bit." I gotta go see if the donut shop is still open.

More...
Working...