X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: All is not lost

The Texans beat Jacksonville. I know that is good, but how good does a team have to be to beat Jacksonville?  It could have been worse, they could have lost.  Brian Hoyer was pretty good. Hopkins was spectacular. The interceptions helped the defense on a day that JJ was feeling poorly. Whitney had a couple of sacks and the guys flew home a winner for just the second time. IT was the FIRST FLIGHT home that was happy as the other win was a home game. That Sunday only the drive home was happy. Brian Cushing was pleased. 12 tackles putting him in double figures for the 3rd time in 6 games. He didn't get hurt.  Now it's a chance to sweep Florida. Next up at MIAMI.

Good going Coogs. Ranked 21st this week in the AP poll and they moved into the coaches top 25 too. For all the complaining about their new conference from fans (and me) the COOGS, MEMPHIS, and Temple are all unbeaten. And how bout the DYNAMO?  OK, it's now 2 straight years without a playoff spot. They celebrated their 10th anniversary by tying SEATTLE 1-1.  A win was the only way to stay alive in the WESTERN CONFERENCE so they are out of the playoffs with 1 regular season game to go. 1 point they got, but 3 was needed.

I don't want to sound an alarm mind you,  but they better bulk up next season because going to BBVA isn't a novelty anymore. The fans are sharp and like the other pro sports in town, the PLAYOFFS ARE THE SEASON. I gotta say in closing RICO CLARK getting the Houston goal yesterday gave him a career high 8 on the year. Good thing the old guys are still pretty good.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...