X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Astros playoff games should translate to business boost

The Astros will host their first postseason game in 10 years on Sunday, and many are expecting the big game to bring in big business.

"I'm pretty excited as a Houston Astros fan," Hunter Brast said. "They haven’t been doing good the past few years so I’m excited to see them doing good this year."

Brast’s family owns a parking lot a couple blocks away from Minute Maid Park. He’s expecting the lot to fill up fast for Sunday’s game. 

"If we're charging $40 per spot and we fill up over 150 spots, the numbers add up pretty quick," Brast said.

Employees at Jackson Street BBQ at 209 Jackson St. are expecting a line out the door Sunday. 

“It’s great for the city, it’s great for us and I just love having the stadium right next to us,”manager Bryce Gilbert said.

All week fans have been purchasing Astros T-shirts, hats and collectibles.  Saturday afternoon customers filled the Academy along the Southwest Freeway to browse the Astros section. 

Fans are encouraged to wear orange to Sunday’s game to “orange out” Minute Maid Park.

Prior to Sunday’s contest, fans with a game ticket are invited to enjoy a Postseason "Hustle Town" Street Fest, featuring local food trucks, pub games, inflatables and live music from Southbound 45.

Houston rapper Bun B will also make an appearance to perform the release of his new song, “Crush City."

The Postseason Street Fest begins at 11 a.m. and ends at 2:30 p.m.

The Astros pregame field ceremonies will include a flag ceremony featuring 75 Astros season ticket holders.

Country music legend Clay Walker will perform the National Anthem, and return to the field for God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch.

More...
Working...