Daily Craig: Who are you watching: Astros or Texans?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Who are you watching: Astros or Texans?

(1908 was quite a year)

Baseball teams are fond of shortening their names, like Chisox and Bosox and Dbacks and 'Stros. Then there are the Cubs. Sometimes making their name slightly longer. BRUINS. But let's face it. LOSERS is mostly the tag.

But not so far this year. 97 wins and then one more last night. Their first playoff win since 2003. An even longer wait than the Astros. As far as World Series? ASTROS 2005. CUBS 1945. BOTH HOUSTON AND CHICAGO lost those best of 7's. No one is alive who saw the Cubs win their World Series in 1908. No one had TV or phones. World War I was not on anyone's radar. NO ONE HAD RADAR. Good luck, Cubs. You'll need it against the CARDINALS OR THE CARDS OR THE REDBIRDS.

TONIGHT IS QUITE A TV DILEMMA FOR HOUSTON.  Astros open the best of 5 against the Royals. KC hasn't played since last Sunday. THE ASTROS got a free plane ride from NYC to the wilds of Missouri.

Here in town another kind of game. TEXANS VS. COLTS. That game is one hour later than the ASTROS so you'll only need one set for a while. We still have a certain fondness for football and I am guessing you'll watch the TEXANS if only to continue complaining. Throw in the COOGS PLAYING AND THE MENU IS JAMMED. THE ASTROS Don't have a must win game, so I will do what any good HOUSTONIAN WILL DO. I am tuning to Channel 2 to see what DOMINIQUE IS WEARING. BILL AND FRANK AND RANDY are in on deck circle. I gotta see if my septic tank is working. I wish I was kidding.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...