• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Goggles rule!

(GOGGLES RULE)

The ASTROS CHAMPAGNE adventure has come to an end. At LEAST FOR A FEW DAYS. Oakley goggles got more free pub than I can remember. I HAVE TO ADMIT, the last time I GOT DRENCHED IN A CLUBHOUSE IT was the DODGERS place. I didn't like that at all. I had to interview a NAKED TOMMY LASORDA. It took at least five years off my career. BEST MOMENT LAST NIGHT? A 1-2-3 9th. Luke Gregerson threw strikes. 2ND BEST? Everything Keuchel did.

I HAD ONE BAD MOMENT. Going back to 1986 in the Dome the ASTROS had a 3-0 lead in the 9th. The moment passed when Correa got the last assist of the game. IT WAS UNASTRO-LIKE. TOO EASY. Even Carlos Beltran looked hopeless. I loved that. I ALSO SAW CHAD QUALLS get up in the pen. That's when I KNEW SIPP AND HARRIS had to buckle down. They did.

Now the season no one figured could be continues in KANSAS CITY. BEST OF 5 with Game 3 at MINUTE MAID. I am now settling in for the NL WILDCARD with the CUBS AND PIRATES. I grew up a CUBS FAN. I once had the dream of a lifetime. I was on vacation from my job at Channel 2 in CASPER, Wyoming. My boss was the only non-Wrigley to own stock in the CUBS. He got me in the broadcast booth at Wrigley with the man. JACK BRICKHOUSE of WGN TV. Jack asked me a few questions on the air. I could not believe I WAS THERE. He asked me about my family. I told him my grandpa stayed in the basement when the CUBS LOST. He was such a fan. Jack then said, "Good to know your grandpa hasn't seen the light of day since 1945."

I gotta get a COLBY RASMUS PAIR OF OAKLEY'S, AND A CARLOS GOMEZ SMILE.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...