Daily Craig: Is a 14-game winning streak possible for Texans?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Is a 14-game winning streak possible for Texans?

Craig Roberts returns to KPRC 2 with his 'Daily Craig' column.

(A 14-GAME WIN STREAK IS POSSIBLE, JUST NOT HERE)

After making it through "Hard Knocks," heat and humidity, the TEXANS ENDED THEIR SEASON IN CHARLOTTE, CAUGHT IN CAM'S WEB. As we know when a team begins the season 0-2 the playoffs are just a dream.

I pointed out last week THE ASTROS season also ended, but perhaps I was wrong. Wrong might be the key word, but PERHAPS is the key right now.

By now the TEXANS LOSS has been talked and sworn about for hours. On the plus side, at least they didn't score on that final drive only to miss the extra point. TEXAS FANS can relate. I wanted to start the week with a look at a game you couldn't possibly have paid to see. COLLEGE OF FAITH VS. VALPARAISO. A game so brutal the NCAA will not recognize any stats from the game. I would call it a contest, but it wasn't.

In case you missed it (I am certain you did) VALPO, most known as a basketball school, rolled to an 86-0 win. THE WARRIORS OF COLLEGE OF FAITH may not have any of their name after getting creamed on almost EVERY PLAY. Jake Hutson carried the ball six times and scored on four of the plays. Valpo had 10 sacks and recovered five fumbles. The losers did get a cool bus ride from Arkansas to Indiana. PERHAPS playing so far north was a factor. This is their first season of playing and hope to schedule TEXAS next year to pay the bills. Charlie Strong has yet to comment but knows the challenge. A missed extra point would have made it 85-0 and Charlie knows you have to have FAITH.

I gotta remind you it's autumn you can take the kids around town to watch the swimming pools change color.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...