Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Bangs hires Brownwood's Maxfield as head coach and athletic director

Brownwood athletic director and head football coach Kyle Maxfield is resigning to take the same job ten miles north in Bangs. 
    Maxfield led the Lions football program for two years and directed them to the playoffs in both season. 
    Brownwood superintendent, Dr. Joe Young, released the following statement, “Coach Maxfield, since day one, has had my unwavering support here at Brownwood.  I have witnessed first-hand the passion and determination he brought to the position.  I hoped Coach Maxfield would be here for a long time, and I wish him nothing but the best in the future.”
    Before coming to Brownwood, he led the Shallowater program to 71 wins in seven seasons. His last losing season as a head coach came in 2003 at Rosebud-Lott. 
    Dr. Young added this to his statement about the search for a new head coach and athletic director, "Brownwood has a rich athletic tradition, and we will immediately begin the search for our next Athletic Director and Head Football Coach."
    He now takes over a Bangs program that is struggling. The Dragons are 2-27 in the last three season. The last winning season in Bangs came in 2013. 
    Maxfield said about the move, “I am very excited. Superintendent Tony Truelove and I have been friends for a long time. We joke that he kept calling and, and then, I finally started listening. It’s gonna be a great deal for everyone involved.”
    Bangs superintendent Tony Truelove said in a statement, "Bangs ISD is happy to announce the hiring of Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Kyle Maxfield. Coach Maxfield brings years of experience and a wealth of knowledge to Bangs and we are excited for the future of our athletic program."
    This is the fourth time in nine years the Lions are searching for a new AD. 

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎