Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

UIL Realignment for Region 14 revealed

It's always a madhouse whenever it comes to UIL Realignment, and today was no different at Region 14. Schools across Texas found out who they will be playing in district for the next two years, and there were certainly some shockers.
    Starting with Class 4A Division I. The Brownwood Lions are in a district with China Spring, Gatesville, Stephenville, and Waco La Vega, all of which spent last season ranked in the 4A-Division I Top 25. 
    Moving onto Class 4A Division II. Sweetwater gets to rekindle their rivalry with Snyder as the two schools meet up in a district with Fort Stockton, Lamesa, Midland Greenwood, Monahans and Pecos. 
    Eastland makes the move up to Division I to find themselves in a district full of Big Country schools. The Mavericks will play Breckenridge, Clyde, Early, Jim Ned, and Wall. Five of the six teams in this district made it to the playoffs last season.
    "You always come in with a plan and after you get the plan you have to adjust," Eastland head coach James Morton said. "Ended up with a decent schedule, it's really going to be challenging for us, it'll be young but you have new faces that you're going to compete against so, chances to start some new rivalries."
    Onto Class 3A Division II now. The Anson Tigers move up a classification to play in District 4-3A alongside Ballinger, Bangs, Cisco, Coleman, Merkel, Grape Creek and San Angelo TLCA.
    "Obviously there's been a lot of wins from all those schools historically so we're excited," Anson head coach Chris Hagler said. "We'll see what happens. Scheduling, a lot of times, you're looking for games in certain weeks, we had to coil too games because we were in an 8 team district."
    In District 2-3A, Colorado City finds themselves with Abernathy, Coahoma, Idalou, Lubbock Roosevelt, and Stanton again. And finally, Comanche is in District 6-3A with Dublin, Jacksboro, Millsap, Rio Vista, and Tolar. 
    Moving down to Class 2A Division I. In District 3-2A, we have Hawley, Stamford, Winters, Forsan and Ozona. One more for D-I, in District 7-2A, Deleon and Goldthwaite are paired with Crawford, Hico, San Saba and Valley Mills.
    In Class 2A Division II, we have three districts with Big Country schools. Munday finds themselves in District 5-2A alongside Memphis, Quanah, Wellington, Wheeler, and Shamrock. Ranger is in District 6-2A with Archer City, Electra, Petrolia, Santo and Windthorst. And lastly, we have a Big Country stacked District 7-2A with Albany, Cross Plains, Haskell, Roscoe, Baird, Hamlin, and Roby. 

More...
Working...