Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Bulldog seniors lead the way

The Wylie Lady Bulldogs proved to most everyone in the state that they are still a force to be reckoned with in class 4A.

Wylie beat the Brownwood girls, who were ranked in the top 10 on Friday night. You could excuse folks for wondering because the Lady Bulldogs came into the season with just 2 seniors on the team.
    Well, it turns out, Lauren Fulenwider and Julia Lovelace are just the seniors this team needs to lead the way in 2018.
    Kurt Richardson said, "They're excellent leaders. Even though we only have a couple of seniors we have several who were on varsity last year, played a lot of minutes, so I don't consider us an inexperienced team by any means, but those two have done a great job leading us."
    Lauren Fulenwider said, "It's fun since I've been on the team since sophomore year, and so I know most of these people from since freshman year."
    Julia Lovelace said, "It's fun. Me and Lauren have played together for so long. We used to play against each other in AYBA, so now after years of working together, now we get to share senior year together and it's really awesome just getting to lead the team with her."
    The Lady Bulldogs continue district play Tuesday night.
    They are headed west to take on Big Spring at 6:15.

More...
Working...