Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

War Hawks staying grounded

The McMurry War Hawk women are in new territory at this point in the season. They're first in the ASC West.
    That's something new to coach Roes and the current players. The ladies went on a five game winning streak and were undefeated in conference to start the season, but then before the break they lost to UT Dallas.
    That loss kind of made this War Hawk team realize that there is still work to be done, but it's still pretty exciting to see coach Roes and the War Hawks be as successful as they've been in the first semester of the season.
    Brittany Roes said, "It's really exciting. It's definitely different from where we've been in the past few years, so just trying to keep our feet on the ground. I've been telling my team that the first semester can't be the highlight of our season. I mean it's great that we went on that 5-game win streak, undefeated in conference and then losing to UT Dallas was kind of a wake up call that what we're doing, we still have to practice well and do the little things and execute the little things, and I think we kind of got away from that."
    Sarah Doherty said, "I think it's made us stronger. It's made us realize some of our weaknesses, and we've been working on them in practice lately, so I think it's made us stronger as a whole."
    The War Hawks host Letourneau tomorrow evening at 5:30.

More...
Working...