Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Conversation with Player of the Year Brian Hamilton

Tonight we finish our postseason awards by announcing the BCH Sports Player of the Year.
    Records were set all across the Big Country, and we had lots of players to choose from, but one stood out above all others.
    Albany quarterback and defensive back Brian Hamilton was dominant on both sides of the ball for Denney Faith's Lions in 2017.
    At quarterback, Hamilton threw for 2,886 yards and rushed for 620, and he had a hand in 56 touchdowns.
    He threw 50 touchdown passes and carried the ball for six more.
    On defense, he picked off seven passes and returned one for a score.
    He forced 2 fumbles and delivered 81 tackles.
    Brian Hamilton is the BCH Sports Player of the Year. Here's Brianne's conversation with the senior quarterback.
    Brianne Welch said, "I'm here with our BCH Sports player of the year Albany quarterback Brian Hamilton and Albany head coach Denney Faith. Brian we're going to start with you first. First of all you've had a fantastic season, offensively, defensively, it's just been amazing to watch. Have you got a chance to look back, what do you think about everything you've been able to do."
    Brian Hamilton said, "Um it was definitey an exciting season. Just playing with some of my best friends and make some really great memories that I'm going to remember for a long time."
    Welch said, "What was the most fun thing about this season for you?"
    Hamilton said, "Probably just seeing some guys that needed to step up step up and make big plays, and just see everyone come closer together."
    Welch said, "Alright thanks Brian. Coach Faith, what has it been like to coach a player like Brian and what kind of teammate has he been like for y'all?"
    Denney Faith said, "You know Brian's a great teammate first of all. You know he makes sure that he's never afraid to put in extra work and make sure everybody else is doing that too, and you have to respect that as a coach that a player has that much passion about the game to where he's going to be a leader and be a good enough leader, and the team respect him enough to listen to what he says, and you got to appreciate that as a coach, and it makes coaching a lot easier."
    Welch said, "Thanks coach. Brian one more for you really quick. As a senior, what has it meant to you to be an Albany Lion. To be a part of this program?"
    Hamilton said, "Being an Albany Lion is like no other. I remember looking up to all the varsity guys as a little kid just wanting to share that spotlight and knowing the hard work that was put in, and the tradition. It's something that I think helped my athleticism, but help me become more of a man."
    Welch said, "Alright thank you so much Brian congratulations on being our BCH Sports player of the year, and congratulations Albany on a great season."
    Here's a look the players in the Big Country that were worthy of mention: record setting Cooper quarterback Ender Freeman, Sweetwater's Chris Thompson had another great season leading the Mustangs offense, Myller Royals is the all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards, and running back Tyrees Whitfield scored a school record 40 touchdowns for Cooper.

More...
Working...