Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Conversation w/Underclassman of the Year Payton Burton

Mary Margaret Johnson said, "Well I'm out here with our Underclassman of the Year, Clyde junior quarterback Payton Burton. First of all Payton, congratulations on a great season, how do you feel like your season was this year?"
    Payton Burton said, "I feel like we had a really great year. We bonded as a team and came closer as friends and family."
    Johnson said, "Now coming in as the running back in your sophomore season, then kind of moving into quarterback this last year, how was the transition for you?"
    Burton said, "It was a lot different but I've played quarterback for a while and it was easy getting back into it, but it was fun."
    Johnson said, "Coach how did you see him grow as a leader from his sophomore year to his junior year?"
    Coach Rocky Smart said, "He's an extremely hard worker and a really great young man and he's one of those guys who has the natural charisma that kids just follow. Luckily he's a hard worker since he's one of those kind of guys, he just grew as a leader and a player throughout the year."
    Johnson said, "When I came and talked to you during the season we talked about how he was a good leader, but also kind of kept everything light with his dancing during practice."
    Smart said, "He does, when it's down time or whatever he just spontaneously breaks into dancing or things like that so he's a fun guy to be around."
    Johnson said, "Payton, what are some of the things you hope to achieve in your senior year?"
    Burton said, "I want to go farther than what most Clyde teams have gone and try to do better than every other year and be the best we can."
    Johnson said, "And how exciting is it to have him coming back for his senior year?"
    Smart said, "Oh it's great because any time a quarterback returns and they go from year one to year two they're automatically better, just the repetition and doing things over and over again, so I look forward to him having a very successful senior season."
    Johnson said, "Thank you very much. Payton you had 32 touchdowns in your junior year, we are excited to see what you do in your senior year.

More...
Working...