Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Gann leads Pied Pipers into third round

The Hamlin Pied Pipers are back in the third round for the third time in the last four years.
    This time around, running back Kyler Gann is helping to lead the way.
    Mary Margaret went to Piper Country to see what makes Mr. Gann go.
    The Hamlin Pied Pipers are on a 10 game winning streak, and they've found themselves back in the region semifinals this season.
    Abraham Gonzalez said, "It's exciting, you know, being here in December, it's a different total attitude."
    Now as successful as the Hamlin Pied Pipers have been this season, a lot of their success has come because of senior running back Kyler Gann. Now at this point in the season, Kyler has 1731 yards with 23 touchdowns, that's most of Hamlin's touchdowns.
    Kyler Gann said, "The offensive line's doing a great job, up front, the receviers downfield blocking has just really helped me have a lot of success this year."
    Gonzalez said, "He's a great helper, if there's a hole that he sees, he'll tell us 'I'm cutting right here, I need you to go up here.'"
    But as successful as he is on the field, everybody is more impressed with what kind of a leader he is off the field.
    Trey Davis said, "Helping out all the freshmen, in the weight room, trying to amp everybody else up."
    Coach Russell Lucas said, "Not only is he carrying the ball and making most of our touchdowns, he's also a great leader to our young kids. What he brings to our team is invaluable."
    Gann said, "I couldn't ask for a better team for my senior year. I've been around most of these kids my whole life."
    Kyler and the Pied Pipers are looking to go to the quarterfinals for just the third time since 1994.
    The Albany Lions and the Munday Moguls join Hamlin in the third round in Division II. Albany plays Lindsay in Mineral Wells and Munday and top ranked Muenster get together in Wichita Falls.

More...
Working...