Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation:Time for Aledo

The Cooper Cougars punched their ticket to the third round on Friday night by dismantling El Paso Eastlake in Fort Stockton.
    Myller Royals caught three touchdown passes from Ender Freeman. Tyrees Whitfield delivered three touchdowns to the party on runs of 44 yards, 44 yards, and 50 yards. This one was all Cooper and now they are staring at their third straight game with the top ranked Aledo Bearcats.
    This is the week we've been waiting for. Here's David's conversation with head coach Todd Moebes.
    David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, you punched your ticket to the third round. It's the eighth time in the last ten years Cooper's gotten this far in the playoffs. How pleased were you with the way the team played last week?"
    Cooper head coach Todd Moebes said, "I was really pleased. I thought we handled the momentum swings in the first half really well. Offensively, we had an unfortunate turnover, but the defense went out there and got a turnover ourselves. We were able to answer every time they scored."
    Robinett said, "This week you've got Aledo. This is the third year in a row you've seen them. You are very familiar with them. Most of the people in the state know about their success in the program. Talk about the challenge your guys are facing, and how excited you are to see how they handle it."
    Coach Moebes said, "All eleven of them are going to be challenged. They've got eleven great football players on both sides of the ball at every single position. Whether it's two guys on you, or we have to put two guys on them. There are match ups all across the board. They have the edge in a lot of those match ups, to real honest with you. We're going to have to play big. Big games like this bring the best out in competitors, and I'm looking forward to see how our guys are going to play."
    Robinett said, "This is fun isn't it?"
    Coach Moebes said, "Yeah it's fun. It's what you play for. You play for the opportunity to advance each round, especially to get into round four. It's what you do. Everybody in the state of Texas wants to be playing this time of year. We are fortunate enough to be able to do that."

More...
Working...