Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Stamford shines in return to playoffs

The Stamford Bulldogs are known for making post season runs, and they made the playoffs for six straight year, but broke that streak last season.
    Tim Chambers said, "It was very disappointing for sure because I mean no team really wants to be staying home when everybody else is getting to play."
    Ronnie Casey said, "We've gotten used to it and it was accustomed to being around here, and having to go do something different, and families do something different for the hollidays, and seeing the kids disapointed made the big push for this year that they were going to change their mind and their attitude."
    And that's exactly what they did, and now the Bulldogs are back on track.
    Chambers said, "At the end of the season last year, we kind of all made a pact that we were going to do whatever it takes to make sure that we were in the playoffs this year, and just seeing all that come together, it's just amazing to watch."
    Tre Mitchell said, "It's great experience. We enjoy it. We practice hard everyday to deserve this, so I think we all enjoy it very much, and I think it's well deserved."
    One thing the Bulldogs did learn from last season that turned into a positive, is that the playoffs aren't guaranteed.
    Chambers said, "It was good for us too because it kind of opened our eyes that it's not just going to get given to us. We're going to have to go out there and work for it and take it."
    The mindsets have changed, and this team is closer than ever.
    Mitchell said, "It's wonderful. They've really made me feel like I'm at home. They're a family to me, and I enjoy being around them."
    Casey said, "The main ingredient this year is they've stood by each other, and the chemistry's been awesome, and just to watch each one of them support each other has been the biggest difference in this season than last season."
    Stamford looks to continue their playoff run with a win over Sundown on Friday.

More...
Working...