Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Playoff history fuels Cooper

The Cooper Cougars start their run in the playoffs Friday night up in the Lubbock area.
    This is the Cougars' 11th straight appearance in the postseason, and it's their 22nd trip in the last 25 years.
    In other words, the Cougars are not strangers to the third season.
    This team was not there for most of the those other trips, but they believe the history helps when it comes to the playoffs.
    Ender Freeman said, "It's just the expectation. We all know that there's that expectation. The standard has been set. We are all expected to meet it. I think that goes into the work ethic, the practice, just the whole mentality of this whole program. I think the team likes expectations that we set for ourselves, the coaches set for us, and especially the community because it just pushes us to a whole new level."
    Justin Wright said, "Yes we do like a challenge, going up against Coronado was a challenge and I think we played well against them we just didn't end it right. That's kind of how playoffs is. If you play great, you finish right you'll go deep."
    The Cougars start the 2017 playoffs Friday night against Plainview.
    The Bulldogs are 4-6. Cooper is 7-3.
    That game starts at 7 p.m. at Frenship High School.

More...
Working...