Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Warren's Wisdom: Put the loss behind you

David Robinett said, "Let's go back to high school football, now and talk about Cooper and Wylie. Both schols has district championship games and had district titles on the line. They didn't get the job done to get the district championship, but now they've got to get back up for the playoffs. How do they manage that?"
    Steve Warren said, "You know, they've got veteran coaching staffs on both of those teams. Although being a district champion was a goal of their's, I promise you that from day one. That's past them now, and the third season starts this week. I promise you, today in practice those guys are moving forward, and their not worried about that. There's such an emphasis placed on these playoff games. You lose and you put your stuff up. You don't have time to dwell on not winning a district title."
    Robinett said, "Do you think those coaches are dwelling on that, or do you think they've moved on keeping a status quo, business as usual, we've got to prepare for this game?"
    Warren said, "I think they moved on at lunch time on Saturday, if not before. because they are preparing for this next game. These guys are veterans. Coach Moebes has been around a really long time, and Coach Sandifer, I think he was on Moses' coaching staff, or something like that. Those guys know what to do, and they'll have their teams ready to go this week."
    Robinett said, "The playoffs start on Thursday for some. Most play on Friday and Saturday."

More...
Working...