Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation: Ready for the playoffs

David Robinett said, Coach Moebes, it's playoff time. This is the time you guys have been fighting for all year long. Do you feel like your guys are prepared for this?"
    Cooper head coach Todd Moebes said, "I think they have. It's something that's in our language everyday during the offseason and summer and everything else, being able to get in the playoffs and make a deep playoff run. I don't think it's something that just popped up in practice yesterday and 'Oh, we're here.' We've done it. We've been here before, and hopefully, we'll make a good little run at it."
    Robinett said, "You mentioned the fact that you've been here before. 22 out of the last 25 years Cooper's been in the playoffs. This senior class doesn't know life without the playoffs. Do you think that's helpful?"
    Coach Moebes said, "I think it is helpful. Our seniors and guys that have been there, done that have certainly been able to commnicate what's it's going to take. It helps give them understanding that this is the one and done season. You've got to put all of your eggs in this basket this week and hopefully get a win."
    Robinett said, "Is it a fun time of year, or because of the pressure there of the one and done thing, is it work?"
    Coach Moebes said, "It's what you live for. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if we weren't practicing this week. It's what you prepare for all year long. Yeah, there is added pressure with it, but the bottom line is it goes in with our expectations. We have expectations to go into the playoffs and win. So, with that, you are just going to fulfill your expectations, and there isn't any pressure."

More...
Working...