Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Shot at district title excites Cooper

The Cooper Cougars are on the eve of their showdown with the Lubbock Coronado Mustangs.
    If Cooper walks away from Shotwell Stadium tomorrow night with a win, they will earn a share of the District 4-5A championship.
    Playing for championships is one of those things athletes want to do from the time they start playing sports. The Cougars get their shot on Thursday.
    "Growing up, you look forward to games like this. You put yourself in situations like 'Hey, I got to make a play right here and there's only three seconds left, and I got to do this or that.' It's almost like a dream filler," CHS receiver Shaun Watson said. "I think great players look for big moments to fill. This is definitely one of those for us."
    "It's not only the opportunity you look forward to as a player. You look forward to it as a coach, too. It's very unique to the players because their opportunities are limited," CHS head coach Todd Moebes said. "There's nothing guaranteeing that this is going to happen again, so you gotta make the most of it."
    Cooper and Lubbock Coronado play tomorrow night at 7 at Shotwell Stadium. If Cooper wins, they share the title.

More...
Working...