Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation: Impressive offensive performance

The Cooper Cougars were incredibly efficient against Lubbock High last Friday, and coach Moebes wants to build on that.
    David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, a really impressive performance by you guys against Lubbock High. The first seven possessions and you guys scored seven times. Efficient was the best word I could come with. Is that accurate, and how pleased are you with the performance?"
    Head coach Todd Moebes said, "I was very pleased, and I think efficiency is a good word for it. We had the wind to our advantage. I think it was blowing at our back at about twenty miles per hour. I think our football team did a good job to play that to our advantage. They got the ball first. We were able to stop them and go three and out. The punted and gave us a short field. It turned into points, and we were able to hold that over in the first quarter."
    Robinett said, "It was impressive to me that you didn't play down to the competition at all, go play physical, to do their job regardless of who's on the other side. "
    Moebes said, "Yeah, that's what's expected. No matter who they're playing against, our expectation is to go play at a high level. Sometimes match ups and challenges are great, but the outcome needs to be the same."
    Robinett said, "I guess that approach is what helps when you play the better teams."
    Moebes said, "I hope so. That's what we talk about here. Don't worry about getting confused and changing our expectations or raising our level up and down. I'm not smart enough to figure that out. Let's keep it up high, and then, we know where it's at because it's there all the time."

More...
Working...