Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cougars line and Whitfield relationship

The Cooper Cougars have their eyes set on a District 4-5A championship, and they can take a step that direction with a win.
    The running game is a staple of the Cougars high-powered offense, and that part of the game requires a good, trusting relationship between the running back and the offensive line.
    That is exactly the kind of relationship Tyrees Whitfield and his line have this year.
    CHS lineman Thomas Squyres said, "It takes a little bit to get used to each other. Once the chemistry's there, it just happens."
    CHS running back Tyrees Whitfield said, "It's just fun. I can just run throught there. I don't have to worry about anything. When my pullers come, they just pull and fit. It's just wonderful to know they are going to get there and do their job and execute as best they can."
    Squyres added, "We've been getting better. We've been getting more comfortable. We haven't been as wide-eyed. There are lot of young ones on the o-line. We haven't been as wide-eyed as we have."
    The Cougars get back to work Friday night in San Angelo.
    Cooper plays winless Lake View at San Angelo Stadium at 7:30 p.m.

More...
Working...