Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Keller tops Eagles to end playoff hopes

Keller eliminated Abilene High from the playoffs with a 35-21 victory over the Eagles on Thursday night.
    Keller owned the first quarter in tonight's game.
    Enoch Ntchobo started the scoring on the Indians first possession. He goes 68 yards to put the Indians on the board.
    They make it a two touchdown lead on their next possession with a touchdown pass from Sloan Henry to Colton Nelson. The PAT was not good, 13-0 Keller.
    The Eagles outscored Keller 14-7 in the second quarter to cut into the lead.
    Jordan Booker got the Eagles started with 5-yard touchdown run on the first play in the quarter.
    Andrew Ezzell and Raekwon Millsap hooked up for the biggest play of the half later with a 78-yard pass and catch for a score.
    Ntchobo squeezed another touchdown in between to give Keller a 20-14 lead at the break.
    Keller took control of the game midway through the 3rd quarter. The Indians drove 99 yards on 14 plays. The drive was capped by a 17-yard touchdown pass from Henry to Nelson.
    In the end, penalties, turnovers, and Keller big plays were the difference tonight.
    Head coach Del Van Cox said, "We made way too many mistakes. Too many turnovers and too many penalties stopped drives. That kind of held us back in the first half, and we didn't recover in the second half. I'm disappointed, but man, I'm proud of these guys. They've been through a lot this year, losing a lot of guys, but the kept playing, and the new kids stepped up. It's just part of it sometimes. I sure am proud of our guys."
    The Eagles fall to 1-4 in district play. They finish the season next week at Shotwell Stadium against Keller Timber Creek.

More...
Working...