Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie's Martin likes to lead on & off the field

The Wylie Bulldogs improved to 2-0 in district play and punched their ticket to the playoffs on Friday night by beating Big Spring, 42-3. Preseason Player to Watch Gaitlin Martin played a big part in that win.
    The Bulldogs senior picked off a pass, and caught two passes, including one for a touchdown. Martin is one of the Bulldogs best players, but he's also one of the leaders for the 2017 Wylie team.
    Hugh Sandifer said, "Gatlin has stepped into a big role on our team as far as playing defense and plays receiver, so he's out on the field a lot. I think he's really been one of the anchors on the defense as well."
    Gatlin Martin said, "I definitely feel like I can be a leader on the team, but it's not really like the plays I've been making. I just, my teammates put me in good position to make the plays, but I like to be a leader off the field, and just talking to the guys keeping them up if something bad happens, and know that it's never as good as it seems and it's never as bad as it seems for the whole team."
    Martin and the Bulldogs are back at home for the last time this week. It's homecoming for Wylie, and they host the Snyder Tigers.

More...
Working...