Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation: Coogs respond to loss

David Robinett said, "I am joined by Cooper head coach Todd Moebes. Coach Moebes, disappointing start to the game against Monterey, and I supposed that was the reason you ended up losing, the slow start. What happened? I know that's what a lot of people are wondering."
    Cooper head coach Todd Moebes said, "You can't dig yourself in a hole against anybody, much less a good football team, and we certainly dug ourselves in a hole. Just didn't play very well. Didn't execute at the level that we had been executing in previous games. They had a lot of momentum, and they made a lot of plays. They ended up causing a lot of interceptions. Took one of them back for a touchdown. They were catching some tipped balls, and I mean, momentum was going their way. They ball was bouncing their direction. We've still got to be able to overcome those things and do some stuff fundamentally better that we weren't doing, and maybe those situations don't happen."
    Robinett said, "What has been the players reaction this week to that loss? Have they reacted well. Have you liked what you've seen?"
    Coach Moebes said, "I like what I've seen. They've taken initiative. They've taken ownership of what has happened. There's been some player led meetings that they've initiated and haven't come from me, at all. Those are good signs and good things to see. I think we had a great day of practice yesterday, and they really flew around. It looked like they responded in the right competitive way."
    Robinett said, "The Cooper Cougars are going to continue the season on Friday. They are taking on Lubbock Cooper at Shotwell Stadium. That kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m."

More...
Working...