Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Jim Ned all in with Coalby Rives at QB

When 2017 started, quarterback was a question mark at Jim Ned, but the play of Coalby Rives turned the question mark into an exclamation point.
    The Jim Ned Indians have found themselves a quarterback, and you could say he can do it all. On their roster, they have Coalby Rives listed as a running back and a DB, but he's really the guy taking the snaps and leading the Indians to a 3-0 start.
    Coalby Rives said, "It was a little bit weird, I actually used to play quarterback in middle school, but I just, it took me a while to get used to again and get back in the routine. It's been a really big transition." (:13-19)
    Alex Humecki said, "I grew up with Coalby, he was my quarterback in middle school. I guess just coming up through childhood with him, it's easy. He's so calm in the huddle, it's like he knows what to say, he knows what to do."
    Now we could just let the numbers speak for Coalby. I mean, 636 yards in his first 3 games as the varsity quarterback, well, that's pretty impressive. But what's more impressive about the Jim Ned QB is his incentive to learn, and to strive to get better every single day.
    Jerod Womack said, "It's been a lot of work for Coalby. He does a great job of meeting with me and watching video, there's a lot of things that happen off the field obviously before we step on the game field on Friday nights. He's such a great student of the game."
    With Coalby leading the offense, the Indians have scored 120 points in their first three games, and he's proud of his team.
    Rives said, "We're all out here leading the offense. I give all my credit to the O-Line and stuff, they're always doing the dirty work for us making us look good."
    Coalby and Jim Ned have yet another test this week as they host 6th ranked Sonora on Friday.

More...
Working...