Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie shows heart in loss

The Wylie Bulldogs lost for the first time in the regular season since Week 2 of last season on Friday night.
    Denison was able to hold off the Bulldogs at the end of the game to post one-point victory over Hugh Sandifer and the Bulldogs.
    Wylie was held to just 106 total yards on the night, but they stayed in the game. It wasn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination, but the way the Bulldogs fought says a lot about the 2017 team.
    Hugh Sandifer said, "There was no doubt our effort was great all night. The kids played through some adversity and just kept fighting back. I think we grew up some as a team. You know we had some guys had to play in some crucial spots for the first time, and I think we got better as a football team. Lost the football game, but hopefully we got better as a team."
    Ryan Hamar said, "We definitely, I feel like we as a team proved that we're not one of those teams that once it gets tough we're just going to lay down and quit. We're definitely going to fight, and we're going to fight until that last buzzer and hopefully we can come out on top."
    From undefeated Denison last week to undefeated Argyle this week, Wylie is facing another tough one this week. Wylie beat the Eagles in the 3rd round of the playoffs last year.

More...
Working...