Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Warren's Wisdom: 2017 Crosstown Showdown

Well everybody it's time for Warren's Wisdom. Former Abilene High head coach and athletic director Steve Warren joining us again this year. It's a good week for you to come in this year with the Crosstown Showdown showing up. A fun game every year.

Steve Warren said, "Well it depends on who you are. I mean the coaching staffs are not having any fun right now whatsoever because guys like you and I are talking about it all over town, so yeah it is a fun week. It's a very unique week. When you only have two schools in town and they're rivals obviously, and play each other in a lot of things and the kids grow up together. No question it makes for a very very intense, interesting week."

Okay it's been non district for a while now. Seems like it might have taken some of the starch out of this thing. Has it?

Warren said, "I don't think so. Not from the people that it matters to the most. It depends on how you build it up and things like that. I will say this. When it was a district ball game there was a lot more riding on it than just bragging rights. It was a bigger deal, especially to the coaching staffs and things like that. Those district games are a lot more magnified, but playing it in pre district has taken a little bit of the luster off of it, but gosh these guys that are playing in this ball game want to win it really bad I know that."

Alright the Crosstown Showdown's coming up on Friday at Shotwell Stadium.

More...
Working...