Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Sweetwater easily adjusted to new offense

The Sweetwater Mustangs try to go 3-0 for the fourth year in a row.
    Mary Margaret says not even a coaching change and the loss of a large senior class can stop this stampede of success.
    The 2017 Sweetwater Mustangs are starting to look a whole lot like the 2016 Mustangs who found themselves at Jerry World at the end of the season.
    Now this year new head coach Ben McGehee brought a new offense, but there doesn't seem to be a learning curve.
    In the last two weeks the Sweetwater Mustangs have put up a total of 80 points against teams that are both bigger than them, so no matter what the offense, Sweetwater just scores a lot of points.
    "We have the mindset that we're going to score every time we touch the ball," quarterback Chris Thompson said. "To be a good offense you have to have that mindset but we really believe it."
    "I love both the offense and the defense," wide receiver Kobe Clark said. "The offense is similar to last year, it's still a spread, we air it out, but the defense, I like it a lot because I get to play a little down in the box, I get more involved, so I really like the offense and defensive schemes."
    "I like the way we have more choices, no matter what you do the corners and the safeties are going to be wrong," Thompson said. "I like how we have a lot more freedom."
    "That's something we stress to our kids is being physical," head coach Ben McGehee said. "Not just at the offensive line position, but with the receivers and the running back blocking and all that stuff so we preach physicality every day and we want to be the toughest guys on the field every Friday night."
    "I think we've still got a lot to work on, just get better, do things to the best of our abilities," wide receiver Ky Hoover said.
    "We put up 56 points and how we're still finding stuff to get better at and how we can always get better," Thompson said.
    Now the Mustangs have another test when they take on Class 5A Lake View this week.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎