Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Whitfield running all over opponents

Cooper and Abilene High continue the 2017 season on Friday night.
    A lot is expected from Cooper running back Tyrees Whitfield this season.
    He's a two-year varsity player for head coach Todd Moebes, but he came into the season off an injury.
    Was he healthy? Yes, he was, and Whitfield didn't disappoint in the Cougars opener against Keller.
    He delivered 172 yards and found the end zone four times on Friday night.
    He carries the load, and he's happy to do it.
    "Yes, for the most part yes, I just had to get in condition for it this whole summer. When I got back into running, I was just running. While everyone else was running the plays, I was just running," Tyrees Whitfield said.
    "When I was out there I was just running back and forth when I couldn't get contact. I feel like I'm more conditioned for it now. I like it. It's not sharing, so it's kind of different, but when I get tired, I've just got to fight through it and keep going."
    "It's really just a mind set for me now. I like contact, a lot. When I'm running in between the tackles, that's where I play. I'm shorter than everybody, so, I ain't got no height so running through there is very fun."
    Whitfield and the Cougars play their home opener on Friday night at Shotwell Stadium. Grapevine is next.

More...
Working...