Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation:Good opener for Cougars

Cooper head coach Todd Moebes talks to David Robinett about his teams season opening victory over Keller.
    David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, you go into this game with a bunch of guys that hadn't played in a varsity game before. You were on the road, and it seemed like they really performed. They went out and played a very good game. Is that a good read?"
    Cooper head coach Todd Moebes said, "Yeah, I was pleased. You never know how they are going to travel, especially young guys. You never know how they are going to handle the energy of the game or adversity or anything else. I was pleased. There are certainly things that are coachable and teachable moments that happened during the game, but I think our guys have learned from by watching video and talking about certain situations, so for Game One, I was certainly pleased. To be able to get a win at Keller was huge."
    Robinett said, "Were you unsure about everybody would react or were you confident the senior leadership would lend itself the the way they would respond?"
    Moebes said, "Not necessarily unsure, but you never know. I've done this for a long time and played in a lot of first games, and sometimes things surprise you and sometimes they don't. I do know that leadership has taken place, and I am very, very proud of that. Poise and confidence kind of underline what I am most proud of our body language when Keller had the momentum, our guys went out there ready to do their job to be able to get the ball back. Our offense was ready to respond. I thought we handled the momentum shifts well, and we are going to have to. We are playing a long football season against some great opponents, and those things are going to be there. How you react to it is huge."
    The competition takes a dramatic step up this week with the Grapevine Mustangs.
    They beat the Cougars in Week 2 last year, 61-7.
    They play at Shotwell on Friday at 7:30.

More...
Working...