Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

2017 PTW: Andrew Ezzell

The Abilene High Eagles are going to have a lot of new faces on the field in 2017, especially on offense. One of those guys is quarterback Andrew Ezzell.

Andrew Ezzell said, "Well I've got big shoes to fill coming after Peyton, but I've got some good play makers around me and good coaches that are going to help make my job easier."

After a district title and third round playoff appearance in 2017, the Eagles' program has high expectations, so the new guys have to get experience and grow up in a hurry. Coach Cox says 7-on-7 helped with that this summer.

Del Van Cox said, "There's no doubt that 7-on-7 has helped all of our kids running routes and covering, and just the fundamentals, keeping the fundamentals up over the summer."

Ezzell said, "I'm so excited. We're just ready to get things going and ready to put on the pads and go play. To just see what we need to work on for the fall, and it's good to be able to play with each other and just have this group compete against other people."

Let's be a little more specific now. As the starting quarterback, Andrew has been working hard to get the offense down this summer..

Ezzell said, "I need to be working on my timing with receivers and just getting to know the offense and running with the new guys."

Cox said, "He's doing a great job of going through his reads. You know a lot of the same things that we run in our offense is what we run on 7-on-7, so he's doing a good job of going through his reads and making his throws on time."

But, there's still a lot of learning to do when it comes to the Eagles' new QB.

Cox said, "Andrew Ezzell has done a great job during 7-on-7, and he's doing a great job of leading our offense. What we've got to do is find out what he's going to be good at and exploit his strengths."

With so much newness there's a lot of unknowns around Abilene High and Andrew Ezzell, but they've got a plan and are excited for it.

Cox said, "You know our expectations are getting ourselves ready through a very tough pre-district schedule and get ourselves set up and ready for district play and compete for a district championship."

Ezzell said, "I'm excited to see what this team can do this year. We've got almost a whole new team this year. Just ready to see how we do this season."

Andrew Ezzell. A BCH Sports Player to Watch.

More...
Working...