Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

2017 Player to Watch: Brian Hamilton

Brian Hamilton took over at quarterback in 2016 and led Albany to another district title.
    He's back this year, and he's a player to watch. Mary Margaret explains.
    Brian Hamilton is stepping into his second year as the leader of the Albany offense after a very successful junior season. He had 2000 yards passing with 37 touchdowns, and he hopes to continue to grow in the position in his final year in the red and white.
    "I've already seen some improvement. Last year, it was a fun year, but I made some bonehead mistakes, just rookie mistakes, first year at quarterback," Hamilton said.
    "This year I'm definitely looking to build off that, especially with the receivers I've been throwing to a lot, that chemistry I think is going to help me improve off of last year."
    The Lions lost 11 lettermen from last year's area championship team, so Brian and the returning starters will have to get this group of guys into the Albany football mindset.
    "Well we lost some all-staters last year and that definitely is going to hurt so we're going to need some younger guys to step up and I know they can," Hamilton said.
    "But it's just kind of having them get into those shoes and filling them, having the right mindset, so being with them as they go through the season, build them up, let them know that it's not JV football anymore and they can play at any level."
    Albany was edged out of the playoffs last season by Iraan who ended up at state, so this season the Lions are looking to get bring the Class 2A trophy back to Albany for the first time since 1961.
    "We had a good season but it definitely wasn't what we wanted. We weren't shooting for third round and have a good strong outing, we were shooting for a state championship, battle for a gold medal," Hamilton said.
    "Our goal is to get into the 'Ship, as it is always, as every team is. We just have to work hard and maintain our discipline and get the job done."
    So what's Brian's mindset going into his senior season?
    "As far as the mindset goes, just competing as hard as we can, not giving an inch. Every workout just going as hard as you can just trying to outwork the opponent," Hamilton said.
    "That's always been the mindset, no matter what sport, basketball, football, baseball, just have fun with it and see where it takes us."
    Brian Hamilton, a BCH Sports Player to Watch.

More...
Working...