Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

David And Moebes Talk Third Round

The Abilene High Eagles and the Cooper Cougars both used dominant performances to advance to this week's third round of the playoffs.

Starting with head coach Todd Moebes and his Cougars. Cooper rolled up 354 yards on the ground and handed Canutillo their first loss of the season, and most importantly punched their ticket to regional semifinals for the second year in a row.

The Aledo Bearcats are next up for the Cougars in a rematch of last year's third round game.

Here's David's conversation with Coach Moebes.

David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, your guys have gotten you to Thanksgiving football. How good does that feel to know that you are getting to play into the third round, and you are getting to practice on Thanksgiving this year."

Todd Moebes said, "It's awesome. It's something you strive for every single year, and we've been fortunate enough to do it eight out of the last nine years. We're happy to be here. It's good to see our guys have another opportunity to practice.

Robinett said, "Tell me about the growth of this football team. How far has they come since the first practice in August to this point?"

Moebes said, "I think they've come light years. I'm real proud of their efforts. Really want them to be progressive. That's all we ask of them. We don't have the mind set that we get to this point in the season and you are going to be as good as you are going to be. We always find some way to get better. Whether that be your first step, or your knowledge of the game, your football IQ. Overall, we're just looking to be progressive, and I think they certainly have."

Robinett said, "The challenge of Aledo. It's a program that's been winning for years now. It's been a coupl of decades that they've been successful. How do you get over the hump this year?"

Moebes said, "You got to be who we are. You got to go out and execute. The margin for error is very, very small. I don't think there's any magic bullet or whatever else that you've got to be able to pull. We can't do that. We've got to be who we are for twelve weeks, and you've got to go out and play well."

The competition takes a dramatic step up with the Aledo Bearcats. Aledo is 12-0 and beat Grapevine last week 51-7.

The Cougars and the Bearcats meet at Shotwell Stadium on Friday at 1.

More...
Working...