Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper Run Game Is On Fire

The Cooper Cougars were almost unstoppable in their playoff victory over Canutillo.

Cooper ran 46 plays and gained 525 yards and scored 55 points. The running game reappeared in Friday night's game. Devin Johnson, Tyrees Whitfield and company combined to gain almost 400 yards on the ground after struggling in the last two weeks.

Todd Moebes said, "I think our execution was better. Some of the things they were doing defensively, we thought we could get the edge on them, and our offensive staff did a great job of being able to game plan and prepare for it. I thought our kids did a great job of executing it. It certainly started with the first play of the game when Devon went for 50 or 60. You've got to be able to run and throw. You can't be one dimensional. I think we have some weapons in the backfield that can be very explosive and at the same time, they are able to run hard and get an extra yard if they need to."

That Cooper running attack gets tested on Friday against top ranked Aledo. The Cougars and Bearcats play at 1 at Shotwell Stadium.

More...
Working...