Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

AHS Conversation: Getting the Gold Ball

David Robinett said, "Well coach, your first playoff victory as a head coach. How good does that feel, personally?"

Del Van Cox said, "It feels awesome. These guys have worked really hard to get this win. I don't know if I was more proud, or Abram Smith was more proud. It was his first win as a player to be a part of."

Robinett said, "You bring up Abram. He past Herschel's record for most touchdowns in a career at Abilene High. Do you get the impression that he understands how big a deal that is?"

Coach Cox said, "He will. He don't realize it now, but he will. Right now, he's not worried about records. He's worried about this team and making sure this team goes as far as it can."

Robinett said, "You've got an El Paso team. Abilene High is 20-1 against El Paso teams. I think the players know you have a great deal of success against them. How do you keep them from thinking this is going to be easy?"

Coach Cox said, "Enough said is they've got the leading rusher in the state. They've got a really good running back and, in the last couple of years, they've won their first playoff game. They beat Monterey last year and beat Frenship this year. Took it to San Angelo Central last year in the second round. They've got some players, and we're going to have to make sure we are ready to go Friday night."

More...
Working...