Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Sweetwater Looking For Revenge On Krum

Last season the Sweetwater Mustangs were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs. This year they're in the second round again... and it's a rematch with the team who put them out last year, the Krum Bobcats.

Shane Mobley said, "We knew with Krum staying in our region that there was a good possibility that we could run into them again."

Hunter Mobley said, "We've been working for Krum for a while, and now that it's here, we're going to go out, do our stuff and do what we need to do to come out with another victory."

Last year, Sweetwater went from scoring 20, 30 points a game to being completely shut our by Krum, and before that, they hadn't been shut out since all the way back in 2009, so yeah. They're looking for a little bit of revenge.

Mobley said, "It is. We've been waiting all year for them, so we're just going to go out and do our thing."

Luke James moved into Sweetwater last spring, so he wasn't a part of the loss, but he can still feel the team's drive for redemption

Luke James said, "I could feel it for them because they were playing in cold weather and to lose in cold weather and have to drive all the way home wet and cold. It just sucks, so I feel for them, so I understand. They want to get revenge, and I want to help them get there."

The Mustangs are ready for redemption and even more ready to move past the second round.

Mobley said, "I do know this group of seniors wants to accomplish something that we weren't able to do last year and the year before, and one thing to be is to kind of have a second opportunity at the teams that beat us out the years before."

The Mustangs and the Bobcats get their game started at 7 in Stephenville.

More...
Working...