Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Brownwood Winning Close Games

Brownwood is 2-2 this season. They haven't started district play yet, and every game they've played has been a very close game, so they've been battle tested to say the least, and they think that's done nothing but prepare them for the rest of the season.

"It's aged us a few years that's for sure," head coach Kyle Maxfield said. "The close games, it's something that you can't make up. Each and every week it's come down to the last play, and we knew our schedule would be tough, so to come out 2-2, you hope for a few more wins, but all things said and done, we're pleased with where we are."

"We've had three overtime games, and I think that's going to help us throughout district and into playoffs," Brownwood quarterback McLane Moore said. "I think that gives us a little more experience. Late in games it's going to give us an edge over some teams with how well we're in shape."

Defensive tackle Devon Jefferson said, "You see who wants it more and who has more heart and who's ready to play and who's not."

Maxfield said, "They've got the heart of a Lion a Brownwood Lion, and they play to win each and every week. It doesn't matter who you're playing. They're going to play to win, and with the tough opponents that we've had, you're going to win some and you're going to lose some."

Jefferson said, "I think it's been good to face adversity like that and just play against teams that are hard and get us ready for district because Wylie's going to be a hard team to go against. It's going to be the same thing."

The Lions open district in a big way against Wylie Friday night here in Brownwood, and man are they excited for this one.

More...
Working...