Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Impressive Teams After Week 6

David Robinett talked to Steve Warren about which high school football teams are standing out at the end of week 6.

David Robinett said, "Alright, it's time for another Warren's Wisdom. This is the Monday after the sixth Friday of the high school football season. That means we are more than halfway through the regular season. I want to know which teams are impressing you, other than the usual suspects."

Steve Warren said, "You could talk about the usual suspects and how hard it is it maintain the level of play those guys like Sweetwater, Albany, Cooper, and Abilene High have, but two teams that jump out at me really quickly are Baird and Clyde right here in our own backyard. Baird having a second year head coach and off to a great start, and then Clyde's beaten some heavyweights. So, they are in the conversation with the heavyweights. I know some of those guys out there and they are doing a great job, and the kids are obviously playing hard and look good on the highlights."

Robinett said, "Five games to go. It's a five game sprint to the end of the regular season. What's on the coaches minds? What's on the players minds as they finish up?"

Warren said, "The intensity level picks up now, David. Everybody is watching the standings. Now you're playing for that district championship, that gold football, that right to play in Week 11, Week 12. Now, everything's in place. Let's get better every week. Let's stay healthy. Let's practice the way, and then go out and perform on Friday night, and everything else will take care of itself."

More...
Working...