Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Anson's Explosive Offense

The Anson Tigers are showing everyone in the Big Country that they are a team that has to be dealt with, boasting a 4-1 record so far this season.

Mary Margaret went to Jones County to talk to the Tigers about their high octane offense.

The Anson Tigers have started out their season strong, and a lot of that is thanks to their explosive offense. Under Anson's explosive O, they have averaged about 34 points per game, which is a huge turn around from what they were last year.

"I do believe we've come together more as a team this year, lots of seniors have stepped up," senior lineman Colton Brown said. "I really do think we've come together more as a family, as a team, and as a band of brothers."

"It's a great time coming out here and winning, playing with my family, this is like my second family," senior wide receiver Jacob Biggs said. "It's just a good time going out and winning. We've had a few bumps but I feel like we'll just keep winning and winning and building onto the program as we go on throughout the year."

"Our kids that are coming back , all of our skill kids are returning, our quarterback for one, and that helps in this offense," head coach Chris Hagler said. "He knows where to go with the ball, he knows what we're doing, he knows the offense well."

"Last year was our first year doing this so it was kind of new to us, and this year it all makes sense to us and we'll get it," senior wide receiver Joseph Montgomery said. "We work more as a team."

Anson takes on Windthorst on Friday and they're expecting them to put up a pretty good fight, but the Tigers are just focused on doing what they know how to do: scoring points.

More...
Working...