Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Bulldogs End Non-District on High Note

The Wylie Bulldogs are 3-1 after dominating the Brownfield Cubs on Friday night at Bulldog Stadium.

The offense put the ball in the end zone five times, the defense scored and the special teams scored in the first half. Head coach Hugh Sandifer's team really put on a show, and they are happy they are headed into their open date on a high note.

"I think our kids were excited to play," Sandifer said. "You know, not playing the week before, and you could just tell there was a little sense of urgency, and they wanted to get out there and perform and do a good job. I was proud of the way we played. I was proud of the way that we got 57 kids in the game, and they work so hard in practice every day. Everybody got a chance to get on the field and that's fun."

"It feels great. As a team, we finally came together and clicked. We just did everything right," Austin Borcik said. "Offensively came out, throw down the field, offensive line did good, quarterback, receivers, everybody played to the best of their ability."

Wylie is open this week, and they open district in Brownwood against the Lions. Most expect this to be the de facto district championship game.

More...
Working...