Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper Happy with Offense and Comeback Win

David Robinett talked to Cooper head coach Todd Moebes about Friday's win over Frenship.

David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, after a really slow start in the first half, defensively especially, you guys really turned it on in the second half, and it looked like to me ya'll played your best half of the season. Is that about right?"

Todd Moebes "It's certainly accurate. I mean the guys came in and settled down and made some plays early in the first series of the third quarter. I think that helped ignite us, and give our guys a sense of confidence and energy. Really from that point on we played a lot faster, played a lot more physical, and played with confidence which I think certainly spread to the rest of our football team."

Robinett said, "Running game was dominant during the course of the game, and especially there in the third and fourth quarters, talk about the weapons you have there, and then the way the offensive line played."

Moebes said, "I think the offensive line played great. I mean our weapons have been there. We've known that all year long. The guys up front are new, and now they're seasoned veterans. They have four games underneath their belt. They played against some really really good defenses, so their confidence is going up. They're understanding more of what we're trying to accomplish is certainly going up, and I think our offensive staff did a great job of being able to recognize what our strengths are, and what we can do at this point in time, and try to not do something that we can't, and being able to stick with that as a coach can sometimes be hard, but we were real disciplined with it, and I was real proud of our offensive staff, and our execution of our offensive line."

More...
Working...