Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Warren's Wisdom: Smith's Dominance

David Robinett talked to Steve Warren about Abram Smith and his performance in the Crosstown Showdown.

David Robinett said, "It is time for Warren's Wisdom. Former Abilene High head coach Steve Warren joining us again this week. Coach Warren, let's talk a little bit about Abram Smith. He had another big game against Cooper on Friday night. Seven touchdowns, that's just kind of silly. He had 140 yards is really nice, but seven touchdowns, good grief, how do you explain it."

Steve Warren said, "Well, number one, he's got a place to run. I think he said it best, 'My offensive line scored four or five touchdowns for me.' He's a very humble young man, but I'll tell you, I've seen him do that a lot, score a lot of touchdowns in his career. Seems like he's been playing forever, and he has. He started as a freshman. He's a senior. You expect great things out of him, and he's certainly producing on the field right now."

Robinett said, "Coach Cox, after the game, it's good to have him in the record books. He hadn't been in anything, yet, but now he has his name in the Abilene High record books."

Warren said, "For someone to have accomplished as much as he has and been on the field as long as he has, I'm not sure we've ever had a running back that's started as many games as he has in the last twenty years, so for him to get his name in the book is great."

Robinett said, "Abram Smith and Abilene High are going to be playing again this week. Taking on former district rival Odessa High. That's all we've got in sports. Let's go back to the desk."

More...
Working...